M6 Classic /TTL

imported_peter_m

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There's an M6 classic in a camera shop near me, its been there a while and they have reduced the price to £700. I'm very tempted, I don't really need it, it's more like a charitable act and giving it a good home. But I'm trying to resist for now!

There's a mint one for £850 retail up here. Does that make your choice any easier? ;)

There's a mint one for £850 retail up here. Does that make your choice any easier? ;)

Hmmm, thanks Andy. I'm never the best with decisions :) I walked past the shop today, its still there still £700. Maybe if they drop it further.....

But then there's so many other things I need to spend money on right now!

payton,

I believe you will really enjoy your M6. Good luck with it.

What lens(s) do you have. I have the Summilux 50mm f/1.4 Chrome version made around 1967. It's in great condition. The glass is almost perfect, well it is perfect. Only one very small area of a slightly different color on the lens coating itself. Doen't seem to show up at all in my photographs. So it doesn't matter. It looks like a water stain. I will not rub the lens for fear of disturbing the coating.

My M5 is a fine camera. I appreciate the matching needles for shutter speed and aperiture opening. I also really like the overhanging large shutter speed control dial. I never have to take my eye from the viewfinder when changing shutter speeds. Something I cannot say about any of my film mechanical film SLR's.

The camera is a bit larger than other Leica's and I find that not having any sort of hand grip just a little bit worrysome. But since the body is large I can get a secure grip on it!

I also appreciate the rubberized cloth shutter because it's so quiet.

I find that I prefer all manual controls very much over computer controls for a camera (electric controls). I have more than a few all manual SLR's and this one Leica.

I've taken to scanning my negatives and I am very satisfied with the results. I am thinking that I prefere B&W film over color. It's more contrasty.

Well see you!

payton,

I believe you will really enjoy your M6. Good luck with it.

What lens(s) do you have. I have the Summilux 50mm f/1.4 Chrome version made around 1967. It's in great condition. The glass is almost perfect, well it is perfect. Only one very small area of a slightly different color on the lens coating itself. Doen't seem to show up at all in my photographs. So it doesn't matter. It looks like a water stain. I will not rub the lens for fear of disturbing the coating.

My M5 is a fine camera. I appreciate the matching needles for shutter speed and aperiture opening. I also really like the overhanging large shutter speed control dial. I never have to take my eye from the viewfinder when changing shutter speeds. Something I cannot say about any of my film mechanical film SLR's.

The camera is a bit larger than other Leica's and I find that not having any sort of hand grip just a little bit worrysome. But since the body is large I can get a secure grip on it!

I also appreciate the rubberized cloth shutter because it's so quiet.

I find that I prefer all manual controls very much over computer controls for a camera (electric controls). I have more than a few all manual SLR's and this one Leica.

I've taken to scanning my negatives and I am very satisfied with the results. I am thinking that I prefere B&W film over color. It's more contrasty.

Well see you!

I have the Summicron 35mm f2, ASPH. I love this lens.