Focus tab

63strat

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks, I'm very interested in this lens. Hard to find one in black. It looks like it can be 6-bit coded by Leica. Would this coding be the same as that already on the current 50/1.4 lux? I take it that after coding, both lenses would be identical, apart from the cosmetics.

I don't like them either. I went out of my way to get an LHSA 50/1.4 ASPH because it has a proper focusing ring. There is plenty of room on the regular 50/1.4 ASPH barrel for a focusing ring but Leica unaccountably chose to put a tab on it. With the wides you have to put up with it or buy Hexanon or Zeiss optics.

Not quite - some Zeiss lenses have rudimentary focus bumps.

Thanks, I'm very interested in this lens. Hard to find one in black. It looks like it can be 6-bit coded by Leica. Would this coding be the same as that already on the current 50/1.4 lux? I take it that after coding, both lenses would be identical, apart from the cosmetics.
Some were coded and some not. My black one is coded. I assume all the M8 needs to know is that its a 50/1.4
Not quite - some Zeiss lenses have rudimentary focus bumps.
Yes indeed. I don't have any but I'm told that the bumps are more tolerable than the tabs.