M8 to M8.2 Upgrade Cost

marknorton

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to drag this thread up again but reading the AP today I see a new M8.2 is £4K, an M8 is £3K and one particular dealer is offering £2K for trade in against the M8.2.

2/3 of the price for a s/h camera on trade in is pretty good.

I can think of one example of the M8 they might not be falling over themselves to take in part exchange...

Sorry to drag this thread up again but reading the AP today I see a new M8.2 is £4K, an M8 is £3K and one particular dealer is offering £2K for trade in against the M8.2.

2/3 of the price for a s/h camera on trade in is pretty good.

I did the maths last week:

Second-hand value of my M8 ~ £2,000

Upgrade Cost (Shutter, Vulkanit, Famelines, Glass, Black Dot) ~ £1500

Total: £3,500

New M8.2 - £4,000

In my reckoning, the difference was still~ £500, so I went for the upgrade. At the end of the day for me, £500 for the delayed recock and EV adjustment was just not worth it...

Just my $0.02...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just sent my M8 to NJ for a shutter and rangefinder lines. Now I can forget about the M8.2, euro exchange rates and best of all selling my M8. What a relief! I recently bought a 75cron coded and boxed ($1800), and a 28cron asph boxed for $2350. Saved some money for these two great deals instead buying the M8.2.

I am also happy that I got over the pretty cosmetics of these camera's (black paint, new vulkinite) and enjoy using more and fondling less. Besides I have Luigi's half case with the grip. To me nothing looks and feels better on my M8.