mikelc

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great shot! Congrats on winning.

The compositional genius of the shot is not only the placement of the people and interplay of the various colors, but also the visual tension between the architectural frames of the buildings against the chalk doodlings in their own frames on the payment. Complex yet soothingly satisfying; very memorable example of good art.

Thanks for sharing.

-g

That is an exceptional photograph! Beyond the PS technique ..it has so many interesting situations...multiple moments arranged to perfection. Is this a composite of multiple images?

The moment looks nice, but I feel like I am missing out on the actual photograph because of the heavy post processing.

Any way we can see the real thing?

The moment looks nice, but I feel like I am missing out on the actual photograph because of the heavy post processing.

Any way we can see the real thing?

The OP stated it was one photograph. So it is, you are looking at, the real thing, just some added adjustments.

I took the liberty of posting the 'before raw processing' file to save Mike the

effort :>))

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Great photo and artistic post-processing. This would make a wonderful mural.

I recently saw similar work in one of the popular digital photography magazines but can't remember which one. The photographer had done a series of these types of pictures and they were magical, like yours. I'd like to experiment with the NIK filters. Any information on where to get the software would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Wilfredo

ww.BenitezRivera.com

PS My theory is that if it was taken with a camera, it is a photograph, regardless of the end result :-)

I took the liberty of posting the 'before raw processing' file to save Mike the

effort :>))

This must be an old file, with the number "2" in the array standing for one of the special M8 features like green banding, split-sensor image, and the like... :D

(Edit: actually, checking out the M8.2 reliability thread, it might be a current file as well...)

Wilfredo.....I have all their software but I use the Color Efex Pro 3.0 on every pic I work on...there are about 75 or so different filters and they are all customizable..like anything else they require patience and a learning curve but the time and effort is worth it as they are enormously versitle and flexible

mike

Mike Cetta | Fine Art Photographer

Mike, excellent photograph and congratulations to both you for the excellent conceptualization, capture and production of the photograph and to the judges for having the vision to so recognize and reward you. It is an eloquent illustration of the reality that the photographic process does not stop when the shutter release is pressed.

Mike, what a great image! It has a very painterly quality to it -- mind, I still agree it's a photograph.

In fact, I agree it is the real thing. Ansel's question would be, "Did you imagine this image when you captured it?"

It's a pic I would like to have on my wall.

Congratulations on the prize; you deserve it. It's a magical image.