mikelc

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..again thanks to all for taking the time to comment

....I don't mind the 'ain't no photograph' type comments because I'm not sure what to call my work myself...digital art? maybe though that doesn't sound like it...the best i can come up with is making pictures, something that joins the family -i hope- of picture making that inclucdes though not exclusively painting and photography

...for me as noted the raw file is the sketch to start with ...and what a lovely sketch the m8 gives

....but i think we are in a new form of art and picture making now with many new possibilities thanks to the technology of this 'PhotoShop' age....afterall photographers made the pics they made in the past becasue the technology of the day made it the only possioble way

...the way I see it this can only be good as it expands the range of art making...though it goes without saying that technology doesn't create art people do...

mike

..again thanks to all for taking the time to comment

....I don't mind the 'ain't no photograph' type comments because I'm not sure what to call my work myself...digital art?

mike

I think this shot itself is fabulous and what you have done with it DITTO.

Now if only "I" could create something similar.

Thank you very much for posting it and your techniques of creating the effects.

Never mind the naysayers (jealous maybe) as I know you won't.

Good luck in all your endeavors.

Mike,

Its a wonderful composition and has been said before its the combination of the eye, the moment and what you do with the file in the digital darkroom.

I can see how the PS emboss works to give the image a bit of pop... but dammed if I can figure out the way the nik filters are used.

Ah well... hey its a brilliant image.

A well deserved win.

I love it too. Can't really add to the other posters, but I really love this picture. The underlying composition is so strong, and then the post-processing increases the fascination. I can see it must have been a stand-out in the competition. And still such a 'Leica' photograph!

That is an exceptional photograph! Beyond the PS technique ..it has so many interesting situations...multiple moments arranged to perfection. Is this a composite of multiple images?

Completely agree. Still, I would like to know/learn more about the post processing. What I find impressive is how Mikel saw the possibilities what one could do with the raw file.

I have not idea what Nik filiters are but sure will try to find out.

Mikel, how much time did post processsing take for this shot? Just curious.

Georg

..since i'm used to the workflow now it took perhpas 15 minutes....and NIK filters in this case Color Efex are a third party plugin that adds color and texture filtering in PS ...what's great about them is that you can paint them in where you want them so they are completely customizable...

mike

Great shot and to me it is still a photo despite the naysayers. Just the level of PP is different. Frankly, we all PP so who is the arbiter of the cut off between digital art and photography. Isn't photography digital art?

Works for me, I keep going back to look at it.

I'd like to download it as a desktop but am concerned that I would infringe your copyright. Let me know if it is acceptable. I sent a PM.