!94* ?

Guest flatfour

Advertisement (gone after registration)

a lovely duo of classics and your monochrome gives these a classic rendering very appropriate for the subject

I would clone out the triangular shadow to the extreme left at the level of the Spitfire's rudder as it distracts a bit, but this is a minor quibble

where did you see these two beauties?

Guest flatfour

Biglouis.- I had just taken off my goggles and my Mae West after shooting down an ME 109 over the English Channel and thought a pic would be appropriate.

This was in fact taken at Goodwood 2006 - Pete will know. I have had to crop umpteen modern accoutrements to get these two together so theres not much left for cropping.

As it still exists it must be EP120 (the other 9 in that range having been trashed before the end of WWII), this one appeared in the Battle of Britain film. Early in it's career it ran into another MkV on the runway. :o

Clever angle to miss all the clutter. :) I actually thought this was a period shot!

Guest flatfour

Wow. Thanks to the three people who emailed me details of EP120. So it was an operational aircraft based in Cornwall during the war which where I was living as a very small boy. You guys certainly have a grand knowledge base. Many thanks again.

P.s, Pete - I don't know whether you have this info.