Anatomy of the Leica M8 Framelines

marknorton

Ok. everything ready, but I need to know the angled face relative position of the plastic block respect to the framelines plane.

thanks for your help

Ah you might of noticed that you haven't gotten any responses to the 3 posts you have made on this subject.

I think, and or would guess, the reason for that is no one Fools with the Leica M rangefinder unless they have prior knowledge of exactly hows it works, the proper order and placement of the parts and the special tools and or equipment to work on it.

Maybe you should contact a qualified Leica M rangefinder repair person whether that is at Leica or 3rd party.

I would suspect that when you are done doing whatever you are doing the RF won't work properly.

Best of luck to you.

Ah you might of noticed that you haven't gotten any responses to the 3 posts you have made on this subject.

I think, and or would guess, the reason for that is no one Fools with the Leica M rangefinder unless they have prior knowledge of exactly hows it works, the proper order and placement of the parts and the special tools and or equipment to work on it.

Maybe you should contact a qualified Leica M rangefinder repair person whether that is at Leica or 3rd party.

I would suspect that when you are done doing whatever you are doing the RF won't work properly.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the warning ... I'll be careful with the scalpel :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Mark, this thread, along with the description of frame lines in the book Leica M 1954 To Today, has given me a full understanding of how they work.  I especially admire the step-by-step assembly images, for both the aid in understanding this sub-assembly and the image quality themselves.  It also lends itself to understanding the costs of producing a camera by seeing how parts are manufactured, milled from solid billets of metal instead of stamping (I am left wondering how they manufacture the two frames themselves, however).  I found the link to this post via another thread and in reading this post, I understand you have done similar posts where you tear down parts of the camera.  Could you or someone provide links to these posts please.
Again, thanks for a very informative post.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...