Hot Air and Broken Promises

marknorton

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a thought, I must look out that LFI article. Thanks Horst.

...and do what with it? This is getting obsessive.

As Andy suggests, start legal proceedings if it is that important to you and you are so certain you are right.

In other words, put up or shut up.

Regards,

Bill

Bill, please take note that Leica photographers like Sagarwal, Horst, Stefan & myself, coming new to the thread & to post #106 by Stefan Daniel, are just as appalled as Mark Norton was. If you've read the recent posts, then it's not logically acceptable to characterize Mark's position as a "personal" vendetta. There are clearly other persons in his company.

Kirk

PS, re: 'necrophilia': That's a cute metaphor, & if Mark has a pathologist's or engineer's obsession with Leica autopsies, let's appreciate it. Others may be obsessive & compulsive about their flowers or their golf game. That doesn't lessen their right to question policies in those fields. It tends to lend expertise.

To Bill,

I just looked at your photo stream and I got to tell you after seeing what you are producing you got some balls putting yourself out there criticizing others.

Padraigm,

That's below the belt. I don't believe that Bill has criticised anyone's photography on this thread so your comment is uncalled for. For what it's worth I see some excellent images in Bill's photostream.

Pete.

To Bill,

I just looked at your photo stream and I got to tell you after seeing what you are producing you got some balls putting yourself out there criticizing others.

Sorry (mostly to the mods for for injecting yet more venom into an already scurrilous thread), but I find this type of comment highly offensive.

Regardless of a person's views or opinions, publicly panning someone's photography implies rather arrogant assumptions about your own abilities. Please don't do it.

i just bought a 100 year "birthday" book on cartier-bresson, about his life and work, his way to the leica, the discrete way of taking picture unnoticed and felt anger coming up. i am really greatfully disappointed of not having the chance to upgrade my "old" m8!

haha *laughs* your comment made my day *lol* :D Too bad the book cannot do anything for upgrading the camera.

We always hope someone in Solms will read these threads for their content. It doesn't help if we sound like backbiting enemies. Let's get out of insults & back into issues.

Kirk

Yeah they will only laugh at us, idiots who spend the valuable time on forum on talking that such ********

To Bill,

And where is your uberultimate portfolio then, that will allow you to judge others, including Bill?

Regardless to how anyone might feel after Stefan's response, Bill is actually right. We are beating a dead horse. Mark has gone way too far. He has every right to complain about it but there is also a certain limit.

Oh Bla Bla ...My comment is to illustrate that if he is going to attack people he better be able to take it and if I had a photo stream like his I might be careful how I attack people. If his feelings are hurt then he needs to be careful what he gets himself into. I am sure he is a big boy BUT moving on to the OP. This is a very legitimate subject that many are not pleased about and I feel the more it is talked about the more it becomes a problem that won't go away for Leica. Maybe it is beating a dead horse but I will let Leica tell me that not Bill.

So to continue on the subject I received the B&H catalog this evening and of course browsed the Leica gear. They are advertizing the M8.2 and I quote ".... while maintaining the Leica hallmarks of optical perfection and non-obsolescence" They are still pushing that angle and we now know that is blatantly wrong. But i suppose that is also just flogging a dead horse and anybody who points it out is ridiculous.

Oh Bla Bla ...My comment is to illustrate that if he is going to attack people he better be able to take it and if I had a photo stream like his I might be careful how I attack people. If his feelings are hurt then he needs to be careful what he gets himself into. I am sure he is a big boy BUT moving on to the OP. This is a very legitimate subject that many are not pleased about and I feel the more it is talked about the more it becomes a problem that won't go away for Leica. Maybe it is beating a dead horse but I will let Leica tell me that not Bill.

Hmmm. Without any photographical credentials to my name I would be very wary of attacking anybody's photographic accomplishments, in fact even with those credentials I would hope to have better manners than that. And Bill has some nice stuff on his stream.

Having said that, I cannot see why photographic ability has anything to do with opinions on photographic issues. I'm sure the concert critic of the Times sounds awful on the French horn.

As the cost of an M8.2 is in the same pricerange as an used M8 with a full update, considering the writeoff and an extra year's guarantee I fail to see what all the hooohah is about. I would suggest trading in an M8 for an M8.2 and get a nice new camera, if one needs the feature.

Legitimate it may be, but those who talk about nothing else are getting to be like saloon bar bores.

I also agree with the criticisms of you slagging Bill's photos. It has nothing to do with the subject of the thread whatsoever. If you're going to do that, at least have the grace to show your own doubtless world-class efforts so we can all swoon at your achievement (or not?)

My comment is to illustrate that if he is going to attack people he better be able to take it and if I had a photo stream like his I might be careful how I attack people

Bollocks. The thread is about the M8 and Leica's attitude to the upgrades, not a debate on the merits of an individual's photographs.

Maybe you'd like to post some photographs - none posted by you so far - and let us leave our comments in the appropriate forum.

As the cost of an M8.2 is in the same pricerange as an used M8 with a full update, considering the writeoff and an extra year's guarantee I fail to see what all the hooohah is about. I would suggest trading in an M8 for an M8.2 and get a nice new camera, if one needs the feature.

Jaap, you may be able to write off your camera as a tax-allowable expense but not everyone can. As one of the other threads shows, the cost of trading an M8 for an M8.2 is more than double that of upgrading the M8.

Oh Bla Bla ...My comment is to illustrate that if he is going to attack people he better be able to take it and if I had a photo stream like his I might be careful how I attack people. If his feelings are hurt then he needs to be careful what he gets himself into.

Like others before me, I'm also very interested in seeing your photo stream so that I can judge for myself.

Please post them in the critique section and/or direct us to your online gallery.

Oh dear, why does something trival like a shutter cocking mechanism lead to personal insults and attacks over the net?

You all bought your M8's knowing what its specification was, I don't think anyone bought on the condition that they could have a delayed shutter cocking mechanism fitted at a later date.

If it really is THAT important to you, there IS an upgrade available, for about £4000 less what you can get for your M8. That will be much less stressful for you and everyone else than getting irate with people you don't even know.