They are unbelievable

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By no means. In summary (new readers start here) it would appear that the sky is falling on someone whose glass is resolutely half-empty...

.....and could easily fall over, spill its contents, and leave dangerous broken glass all over the place. I blame Leica.

Thanks everyone! Yep you are right. I just have to wait and see for another 3-4 weeks. If I found something odd, I will let you know.

Thanks for your time!!!!

I just hope you do not open the box and find in HORROR that they have given you a brand new M8.2!!!!!

Yes - I experienced unbelievably good service too when Leica repaired my old Digilux 2 free of charge...in 3 days flat....brilliant service. Glad you found it the same.

Oh!!! Are you that famous American actor????

I love that" lost in translation"!!!! But I still thinks Ghost busters was great, too.

Thanks for your input.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

They are unbelievable!!!!! Any similar experience?:eek:

I rarely drop by in the Forum anymore because of all the whining and paranioa. This guy gets a virtually new camera, and all he can do is blame Leica and cook up some conspiracy theory!!

Well, I got good service, too. I sent my M8 for shutter upgrade to Solms via the local distributor last Friday, and asked if they could do it fast because I am going to the US next week. I got an e-mail from Solms today that the upgrade was done, the camera will be sent back tomorrow, and no extra charge for speedy service.

I have not yet found any reason why they would do this to me, but I am sure there is some kind of evil purpose behind this, and that someone in the Forum will help me cook up something :eek:

I rarely drop by in the Forum anymore because of all the whining and paranioa. This guy gets a virtually new camera, and all he can do is blame Leica and cook up some conspiracy theory!!

Well, I got good service, too. I sent my M8 for shutter upgrade to Solms via the local distributor last Friday, and asked if they could do it fast because I am going to the US next week. I got an e-mail from Solms today that the upgrade was done, the camera will be sent back tomorrow, and no extra charge for speedy service.

I have not yet found any reason why they would do this to me, but I am sure there is some kind of evil purpose behind this, and that someone in the Forum will help me cook up something :eek:

How come you get faster service than me!!! I have sent in a month ago!!!!

:eek:

How come you get faster service than me!!! I have sent in a month ago!!!!

:eek:

It's because the original camera they sold him was not a real M8, it was a plastic prototype. So now they are quickly substituting it with a proper one and hoping he won't notice ;)

It's obvious: They did it to tease Caparobertsan :p

Oh!!! Are you that famous American actor????

I love that" lost in translation"!!!! But I still thinks Ghost busters was great, too.

Thanks for your input.

Yeah, Bill Murray spends a lot of his off-screen time hanging out in Glossop.

I would be happy if they offer me such a great service that they change half of the electronics in the camera, when I only send it in for a RF adjustment!

I can't understand the complain.

Ditto. I'd be thrilled to death that they did all of this on my M8 if I ever had to send it in.

Knock on wood, mine has been 100% so far, and I'm using the latest firmware also.

John

My experience with Leica repair is also super positive. I screwed my camera, because I loaded a corrupted udate file.

The camera hang and had to be sent to Solms.

To get the camera working again, they had to replace the circuitboard with the corrupted software, because unfortunately there is no other way.

When replacing this board, the camera has to be taken apart almost completely, and therefore the shutter and exposure system had to be newly adjusted.

After having received a quote for somewhat more than 800,- Euro, I asked them what the extra cost for the new shutter would be. Their reply was that it could be done with no extra charge, in one go.

This answer with their revised quote arrived sept the 30th.

I gave my O.K. and the camera arrived repaired and well october the 7th, being only 5 working days later, despite the Photokina being shortly finished.

My big compliments to Leica, and the new shutter performs great.

Hans