Sign in to follow this  
caparobertsan

They are unbelievable

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I totally agree! My M8s arrived on Monday 6th and they will leave Solms on Tuesday 14th. Just one week...

I wish I live in EU mAAAAAN!!! I love there!

Many many photo opportunity places. I am in Australia.

BUT Actually I think this one could be the ultra thin but effective IR/UV cut filter installed version(new type ccd)!!!! I read somewhere.

If that is the case I do`nt want it.

Now you're taking the piss.

"I read somewhere", where? I'm not holding my breath. This is begining to sound like one long troll. Bye.

I REALLY don't see the problem here. The added functionality of Auto ISO isn't a gimmick - it really helps. Second, SDHC support is going to be important in the future as it gets harder to get non-SDHC cards... What's to complain about?

Because many M8 user have found a bug in the new FW. It messes up picture number and it is not stable as yet.

So you asked them to check it out fully ... which they obviously did, and gave you a bunch of new parts to forestall even the teeniest chance of something going wrong, possibly extending the amount of time before electronic failure by a significant amount (electronic devices *will* fail at some point, as I'm sure you know).

Now that's the kind of classic "we really care" service you don't see much these days. I am impressed.

SURE but camera is 3 month old. only 3000 shots taken with it. Still NEW!!!!

RIGHT! I hope not!! Except if they put black dot, I do`nt mind it!

Hehehe... the M8 which has been engraved with my signature will have the "Black Dot", I keep the "Red Dot" for the older one

I wish I live in EU mAAAAAN!!! I love there!

Many many photo opportunity places. I am in Australia.

Well, we can swap Countries if you wish... You see my avatar's picture? Perth, Pinnacle's desert... I love you Country which I visit often. You make me jealous... Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Alice Springs (and flies), Darwin, Adelaide, Wombats, Taz, Nick Cave...

[crying...]

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Right.

I have just read through this entire thread.

I want five minutes of my life back. I have seldom read such a lot of fuss about nothing.

Some people are never satisfied!!!

Regards,

Bill

its not just me then?

By no means. In summary (new readers start here) it would appear that the sky is falling on someone whose glass is resolutely half-empty...

Regards,

Bill

Some people are never satisfied!!!

Lighten up please

We live in "The Moaning Society" if we like it or not.

We do we moan? Because life is too good for us; and so we want more.

This Forum thrives on them moaners.

Because many M8 user have found a bug in the new FW. It messes up picture number and it is not stable as yet.

Sorry - we've moved into serious time wasting here. Say thank you to Leica. Go take photos. Bye bye...

What many M8 users? Probably only the ones with marginal SD cards which they should replace because they are worn out. I installed FW 2.0 immediately started using new high speed 4GB SDHC cards and it has worked perfectly. I can't be the only one.

Not wishing to start a fight here but do you actually own a M8?

LouisB

I am outraged! That's OUTRAGED I say! To think this poor man has suffered something for nothing in these terribly hard times is simply appalling. We should all write to Mr. Coughupman and put an end to this wretched injustice.

.... I want five minutes of my life back. ....

Put me down for five minutes too Bill.

................. Chris

Well, we can swap Countries if you wish... You see my avatar's picture? Perth, Pinnacle's desert... I love you Country which I visit often. You make me jealous... Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Alice Springs (and flies), Darwin, Adelaide, Wombats, Taz, Nick Cave...

[crying...]

I guess If I live here I don`t see things clearly. I need to see it clearly. I need to take more photos. I need my M8 back ASAP.!!!!

But I still think EU is better place to live. More culture there. Here no culture!!!

Thanks everyone! Yep you are right. I just have to wait and see for another 3-4 weeks. If I found something odd, I will let you know.

Thanks for your time!!!!

I would be happy if they offer me such a great service that they change half of the electronics in the camera, when I only send it in for a RF adjustment!

I can't understand the complain.

Totally agree, I'd be delighted.

ArtZ, what's with the conspiracy theory? I suppose you also believe that Man never set foot on the moon;) .

Totally agree, I'd be delighted.

ArtZ, what's with the conspiracy theory? I suppose you also believe that Man never set foot on the moon;) .

Steve, hummml... actually, I do think that Man never set foot on the moon... And this is not conspirancy theory... just "having my feet on earth"... or being realistic if you prefer...

my m8 went to solms with two lenses late last month to optimize focusing and add 6-bit coding to one.

everything was returned quickly, working properly with both lenses and, FYI, the new firmware was installed automatically.

color me

greetings from hamburg

rick

Steve, hummml... actually, I do think that Man never set foot on the moon... And this is not conspirancy theory... just "having my feet on earth"... or being realistic if you prefer...

Does anyone here actually believe that man DID set foot on the moon?

andy