Your help please friends..

bobkatz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear friends..since Im an amateur, Im looking for your experience and advice. I found a guy who is selling leica gear, I saw today the items, and I feel the camera (its a iiif 1952-53, red dial I think so -right?) works fine, the curtain looks fine and i feel works ok. some lenses with dust, but I think no fungus, and some superficial scratches, the lenses included are:summaron 3.5cm f/1.35; xenon 5cm f/1.5; summarit 5cm f/1.15; summicron 5cm f/1.2; Hektor 2.8 f/1.63; Elmar 5cm f/1.35; Elmar 9cm f/1.4; Finetar 70mm f/1.4;Hektor 13.5cm f/4.5; and one viewfinder. The total price he is asking for is dlls 1500.00. and I have 48 hrs for a decision. So friends: the camera seems original?, the price is correct?, how can I do a home cleaninng for the lenses and metal parts?, what things must I check for this camera?. I appreciate you comments and advices....best regards..and I apologize for my English...Saludos:)

I'm no expert either but it looks like a good deal to me. The camera appears to be in great shape and there are many lenses with it. I would think that if you could always sell the camera and get your money back if you change your mind. You might even be able to make money on the deal??

one more non-expert opinion! at $1500, i would take the risk. you'll have a lot of fun for the price of one new summarit lens, and may reach break-even or better depending on which parts you keep and which you sell.

good luck

rick

Wilfrefo, Dave and Rickp13....I really appreciate your time and comments...I hope tomorrow late i will have the leica in my hands...and sure some more questions about adaptors for use the lenses in my m6 ttl 0.85...Saludos afectuosos, and thank you very much for your time,,,

Well, I think it's original, and the price is rather good (how good it depends on the condition of the lenses... it's a very fine set, very enjoyable, and there are even some "duplicates" you could sell afterway : why having a Xenon AND a Summarit ? And apart this, 3 50s are a little excessive for use, unless you whish to start a serious collection (as others do...at the moment I've a total of 14 50 mm... :o ).

Just a notice : I hope the s/n in the pic of the top has been partially "erased" on the picture only, for privacy reasons... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Be honest with yourself!

Do you really need all that stuff?

What is your reason for buying it? That it is cheap?

Buy stocks and shares, they're very cheap today.

I go along with the comment made "here do you really need it"?. Don't forget the heart and the head can fight hard to try and win the upper hand of reason and it looks like the heart is winning at present