I love my M .... ;-)

Guest maddoc2003jp

Guest maddoc2003jp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... which ones are missing ? We had, MP, M6, M4-P, M2 ... :D How about a more general thread " I love my M" ? ;)

I just received a M4 and M5 (to go with my M4-P):

103372247.jpg

103386648.jpg

Cheers,

Gabor

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took some shots with my wife's Nikon Coolpic camera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK. Here's my faithful companion for the last 10+ years...I also used a pair of M3s for many years, but have now simplified to just one M6 TTL body with a 35mm Summicron ASPH lens.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After having played around with the MP á la carte configurator for a while I knew what camera I wanted - a black chrome M4! I found one for a reasonable price at the LP-Foto auction in Stockholm. It was not perfect. There were marks from the strap, as you can see, and also bright-marks from a Leica-Meter. The “blemishes” are actually an advantage as I would feel uncomfortable “ruining” a collectible camera by carrying it around taking pictures.

I managed to burn a hole in a shutter curtain so the camera went to Solms for a repair. Apart from new curtains it now also has bright-lines for 75mm lenses as it was discovered that there was balsam separation in the viewfinder. I love to use the 75mm Summilux and regard the “upgrade” as an advantage even though it is a departure from the original state of the camera.

The picture shows the camera just after it returned from Solms with a version IV 35mm Summicron mounted. I have since fitted a leather strap from Luigi of Leicatime. It is beautiful, but not just for looks. I normally hold my cameras so that the strap falls between my index and middle fingers and the soft leather is much more comfortable than most other straps.

I own a number of very fine cameras in almost any format you can think of (including other Leicas) but the black chrome M4 is definitely my most used camera, and the one that gives me the most joy. The lenses that are most frequently mounted on the camera are the v. IV 'cron and a 50mm Zeiss C Sonnar. With respect to film I am now drifting towards TMY-2. I guess I love this camera.

Another great excuse to post pics of my constant companions.

Guest maddoc2003jp

Wow !! So many nice photos of different M cameras already :) :) I have a favorite so far, the black chrome M4 ! :cool: About the VF frame lines, did Leica just add a different set of frame-line masks or did they swap the VF ?

By the way, I notice your MPs have black shoes and shutter surrounds. I didn't know those were available even with the A La Carte program.

You're right, they're not. It was a special request I made to Leica at the time I ordered them, without any extra cost or hassle. I didn't do that for the black paint MP, only the black chromes, although all of them got black advance lever retaining rings.

m6ttl and rapidwinder

I'm soooo enjoying my new old M2.

• 2 weeks later...