A new sensor that can be upgraded is now an obligation

Guest Roel

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I placed his name between inverted commas. Yes, it's the same IP adress. Sometimes I work for him, if he is very busy. I called him to ask if I was allowed to reveal some things. No. He does not want to go along with people who are banning persons.

Curious I read some of his writings, and could not discover any abuse from him. Some of you did. Anyhow, it's five o'clock, so I'm going home in a while.

Iris.

Iris, this sounds like a farce IMHO, please tell your boss, (considering the fact that I had second some of his points), that some of his thoughts were rudely argumented, matter of fact that gave him tort. That's all.

Now, bury the hatchet, and enjoy the forum for what it is: a great place to have conversation with a wild bunch of professional, amateur, hobbist, gentleman, rudes, young, old, lover and maybe hater of Leica tools.

Best

I really appreciate this forum for its informative value, but you gotta admit, sometimes it's entertaining as heck too. :D

Roel ... Iris ... same IP address ... "Roel is a great and well known photographer" ...

This is better than TV guys.

Welcome to Fantasy Land!! :D :D

He called you, BUT you are both posting from the same IP ad

dress. What are you in a different room with NO doors between them and using one internet connection.

He can't reveal himself anymore, He never did reveal himself. All he posted was a bunch of hype.

Have to agree with Bill once again, and that's not a bad thing to do.

Home from the pub and on my own computer: Have you ever heard of an office? There are 4 comptuers on one modem. Apple and windows. Besides of that: he was away when I wrote to the forum. He did not reveal himself because he also has the point of view that it should make no difference in a discussion if you are a well known professional or not.

As he told me, he only said some things about it because members were suggesting that one is not talented if he writes about sortcomings of that Leica. I am amused because Leica indeed sponsored one of his books. The logo is in it on the second page.

But this whole thing is not that much my problem. However banning seems to me a not done thing to do.

Iris.

Home from the pub and on my own computer: Have you ever heard of an office? There are 4 comptuers on one modem. Apple and windows. Besides of that: he was away when I wrote to the forum.

Yet you just so happened to pitch in, unannounced, and supported your friend/boss by confirming that he was the greatest living published photographer (or whatever it was that he told you to post).

Please. Give us some credit. :rolleyes:

And your loyalty to your boss is creditable, that you would bother to post again at 20 to midnight, your time, to support someone who has done nothing but post negative post against Leica since he joined.

Remarkable, I'd call it.

As he told me, he only said some things about it because members were suggesting that one is not talented if he writes about sortcomings of that Leica. I am amused because Leica indeed sponsored one of his books. The logo is in it on the second page....

So maybe he's afraid to reveal his name because he could loose eventual future sponsorship from Leica? :confused:

As he told me, he only said some things about it because members were suggesting that one is not talented if he writes about sortcomings of that Leica.

Iris.

I don't post about the sHortcoming of the Leica M8 because it would make me look like a idiot, I've bought 2 of them.

I knew the sHortcomings long before I laid my CASH on the table for the first one I bought and accepted them and clearly knew it's faux pas before I bought the second one, having owned one already. I did not plan on Leica offering any upgrades for the M8 when I bought both of them, other then firmware, and am pleased they did even IF I don't do any of them. Not many camera manufacturers ever do that.

I do bitch about Leica service as I think it need a complete overhaul.

If he is such renowned photographer and has connections to Leica, as he says he does, then why is he coming to this forum to bitch and moan. He should of called the people at Leica directly. With his so called connections he probably could of gotten Leica to give him his money back just so he won't say bad things about the M8. He should just sell his M8 and move on. He'd probably be much happier.

I'll end with this. Welcome to the forum but it is my firm belief that you and your boss are the true definition of TROLLS.

for the peace of mind of M8 owners the new S2 has a larger than 35mm sensor.

I think there will be no full frame on the M. Leica does not need to make one.

Piero, the S2 is another pair of shoes.IMHO

Leica need to keep on developing the M line/cameras. The S2 is more like a MF/DSLR beast!

I take a bow to them for the effort anyway!

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Home from the pub and on my own computer: Have you ever heard of an office? There are 4 comptuers on one modem. Apple and windows. Besides of that: he was away when I wrote to the forum. He did not reveal himself because he also has the point of view that it should make no difference in a discussion if you are a well known professional or not.

As he told me, he only said some things about it because members were suggesting that one is not talented if he writes about sortcomings of that Leica. I am amused because Leica indeed sponsored one of his books. The logo is in it on the second page.

But this whole thing is not that much my problem. However banning seems to me a not done thing to do.

Iris.

Interesting. As a matter of fact Leica does not enforce trademark rights on its logo - it is to all intents and purposes, copyright-free.

Anyway, the Netherlands is a very small country. Its population is about the same as New York or Greater London. There are four well-known photographers that use Leica cameras. None fits the profile this alleged Roel projected. I'll be happy to be educated and learn about a fifth. For the moment credibility is close to zero. And the troll-score rather high.

Piero, the S2 is another pair of shoes.IMHO

Leica need to keep on developing the M line/cameras. The S2 is more like a MF/DSLR beast!

I take a bow to them for the effort anyway!

By the way, welcome to the forum.

thanks for the welcome!

I have been told there is no special section for new members to introduce themselves.

of course is a different pair of shoes, but in the economics of a company they are providing the 'pro' with specialty tools. You want the rangefinder? here is the M8, you want a larger sensor? here is the S2.

We, the clients, would love other things, this a totally different story.

The S2 reminds me of that nice peace of jewel made by Sinar...

...The S2 reminds of that nice peace of jewel made by Sinar...

Yep, the analogy is right there... and it's not just analogy..:)

I'm glad that Leica made the step to a new professional tool. Now I just need to increase my income to get one S2, but until then I still prefer the RF for my kind of work. It just suits my needs, so I keep on wishing for my M to grow-up!

Ciao!

I guess it's time I chimed in. I feel a little sad about the loss of Roel. To me it's more of commentary of how thin skinned some of us are. While I found him abrasive, He did give me pause to think. In the end, it caused me to disagree with most of what he said, but now I know why. I chose the M8 because the leading DSLR put too much electronics between me and the image. From auto-focus to anti-shake, etc. even my v-lux 1 drove me crazy.

I shoot in low light, very low light. even at 2500 and my Noctilux at f1 it often is not enough, but even at that I would not trade my M8 for any DSLR with clean 3200. Why... well it's the film like quality I get with M8. There is something about the images I get from my digital rangefinder that I have not found in any DSLR I have tried.

In this day and age, there is a competition between the art and technology of Photography, they day the technology wins, it will be end. When Megapixel, ISO, and FF becomes more important than the visual story told, then it's time to close up shop and go home. Like any art, the more we pour our selves into the art, the more it comes alive. For me, my choice is the M8 because of it's limitations. I like the 1.33, and the IR issue is wonderful for B/W. If they released a FF M9 tomorrow, I would start saving for it, but I would still use my M8 for what's it best at, and I am certain that an M9 would have it's own limitations. There are no perfect cameras.

there are for sure m8 users (pros/profs/etc.) who would like to get clean photos at 2500 iso.

but what makes me wonder that for example nik software released silver effex to get back all the grain we used to have in film days or alien exposure where you get also the filmsimulations with grain. if there would be no demand for all those filters/plugins i guess noone would produce them. it would be interesting to know which camera (also brand) users use all those filters, i guess most will be those who were shooting b/w film and still do but now in digital and need that "old" look back. i would bet that a lot of those with the clean isos cameras get those plugins.

as long the digital m's produce more filmlike photos without the need to add too much artificial grain from those filters i m very happy with it.

and for sure there are quirks and some annoying things which can be found on any camera, its just all about how to work and live with them, if you cant then get a system which is closer to your needs. would be also interesting to know how big the percentage of reportage shooters is who need the high isos.

oh, i m also only some amateur user, but still using film as well and like the grainy look at higher isos.

Yep,

I'm glad that Leica made the step to a new professional tool.

Back in the office I find a note to put on the forum:

Fortunately Leica did listen to professionals, instead of to those who are so sure that profs do not need speed, high ISO's and without no doubt much more. Or if they do, are not very talented. The firm brings now a camera for professionals. In that way it is advertised! Leica deserves a 10 plus as far as I understand the possibilities of the camera.

Concerning the M: no more need for upgrades, waiting for new sensors, for more speed. There's already a professional camera. Leica S.

Iris.

Yep,

I'm glad that Leica made the step to a new professional tool.

Back in the office I find a note to put on the forum:

Fortunately Leica did listen to professionals, instead of to those who are so sure that profs do not need speed, high ISO's and without no doubt much more. Or if they do, are not very talented. The firm brings now a camera for professionals. In that way it is advertised! Leica deserves a 10 plus as far as I understand the possibilities of the camera.

Concerning the M: no more need for upgrades, waiting for new sensors, for more speed. There's already a professional camera. Leica S.

Iris.

So Roel will now have a couple of S2s hanging around his neck instead of a couple of M cameras? He must be a strong lad. I think this is a different user group, professional or not.

But it confirms what I already suspected. This camera will eat into the DsIII market, at least for those who want a high resolution reportage camera.