Guest farbtupfer

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got it in my M8.

The S sign on my exposure wheel showed up !!!!!!!

:)

Green blob is still here....

The rest seems to work...

-seems faster wakeup-at least the numbers show up earlier.

-framelines are definitely tighter. I can compose now as I always wanted to.

Or find a part of the shot that you want to measure light on, and recompose.

Works fast- I was never a fan of exp. comp. on M8 more than this- maybe my hands are too big- but holding a shutter button and moving a knob with a thumb does not seem easy to me...not as my ds in fact maybe it is a question of habitue.

Also note both, the new updated "FAQ LEICA M8 & LEICA M8.2 - September 2008" document and, of most immediate importance, the "Instruction Firmware Update" for 2.000 have been posted for download too.

Of specific note in the firmware update instruction is:

[step] 6. Turn on the camera using the main switch and wait for at least 3 seconds before continuing with step 7.

Note: It is not possible to “downdate” LEICA M8 cameras to previous firmware releases, once the version

2.000 has been installed.

Also mentioned:

Firmware version 2.000 - The update adds these improvements to your camera:

Compatibility to memory cards in the SDHC standard up to 32GB capacity.

Note: The choice of SD and SDHC cards in the market is already very big and is constantly growing. Therefore, Leica Camera AG is not able to do comprehensive compatibility- and quality testing with all available cards in the market. We recommend “Extreme III” or “Professional” from the leading brands such as “SanDisk” or “Lexar”. Using other card types, will not damage camera or card, but as especially “no name” cards do not respect the full SD or SDHC standards, Leica Camera AG cannot warranty full function with those cards.

New function “AUTO-ISO” with setting options for maximum ISO values and the slowest shutter speed (please see also instructions for LEICA M8.2 from page 121)

I have both a non-standard 4GB SD memory card and a Class 6 4GB SDHC card. Later today I'll do some tests to see if there's any notable difference in write speed.

Geoff

myspace.com/geoffotos