¿¿¿¿¿Upgrade to M8.2 possible??????

Fotomiguel

I use a Canon DSLR system for shoots I can't do with the M8, and I can tell you their lenses, IMHO, are not even in the same ballpark with Leica. The pincushion distortion on the wides is ridiculous and the 50/1.2 is significantly less sharp wide open than the Noctilux at f/1.0. The long zooms and primes are pretty good, but there's no M lens in those ranges to compare to.

Not trying to start a lens war here, so remember--I did say, "IMHO."

Brent,

I totally agree. I own some of the best Canon lenses, and they're very good, but they simply don't compare with Leica glass.

Larry

Brent / Matt - this is really important. Yes, I want better high ISO performance. But the real bottom line is image quality - and from where I stand and where my clients stand, the Leica does a better than good job in the situations I use it. End of story for me. I'm not chasing major sensor re-size (I don't need it) or really that fussed about high ISO. I'll go for the quieter shutter and re-cock separation - I need that. For the rest, I'm delighted that my M8 will continue to the jobs I bought it for.

That pretty much sums it up for me also.