M8.2 Price: $6295 / £3990

leica007

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And that's probably been the case for Leica since Nikon launched the Nikon F.

Yes back in the 1960s both Leica and Nikon were able to increase prices with the next model with incremental improvements.

Do you think that remains the case today? Leica seems to think so.

The canon 1ds3 is a much better camera all round than the 1ds2 and it is the same price. And there are many more examples.

With the M8.2 if you leave out the crystal LCD cover, there is nothing in there that warrants a price hike.

If Leica had a bit of competition in the DRF niche they would have to get real. Leica are not promoting the use of RF cameras, that it seems will have to be done by another manufacturer.

Jeff

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jaap,

As someone who frequently uses the unique ability of the M8 to take IR photos with a B+W 092 or 093 filter, I would greatly miss this ability if the M8 was to ape other digitals and put a full IR filter over the sensor. However, I am sure I am in a minority here.

Wilson

I thought that they had, but on a second more thorough reading, Jaap is right. I must have been tired or something or overstressed, which I was today anyway... Pitty.. I would have guessed that they had addressed that IR issue. On the bright side, with the addition of these filters you can get IR photos :p

Do you need 21/1.4? Then, your only choice is Leica M. Don't? Then, forget those lenses. You have cheaper and smaller lenses for the M system too.

Yes, but on an M8 it's actually a 28mm f/1.4 (and you need a separate finder). For film M's the 21 and 24 summiluxes are truly revolutionary.... but way out of reach for most of the die hard film shooters still out there.

You also forget that I can pop down to my local rental house and pick up that 300mm 2.8 for about $35 a day on the rare occasion I need one. The same can't be said for most Leica gear in most major markets.

When everything has been hashed out here, it will be interesting to see who is the first to start a thread saying, "Got My New M8.2 and 0.95 Noctilux Today!" It's just a matter of time.

Has it got to be the Noctilux ??

Rolo

:D

I will not be a M8.2 early adopter. I am saving for the mythical R10. I might have lots of time to save for it:)

Robert

Rob,

No way. You and MW are dead cert's for the S2.

Absolutely no doubt about that. Put money on that.

Rolo

:D

Brent.

I showed a shot of the empty berth where he'd left with his yacht a few weeks ago. Obviously he was taking it to auction to finance his new purchases...

He was a real asset to the forum - I wonder what happened to him :)

Last I heard he was in some kind of rehab facility for the oversexed. :D