IR Cut filter for Elmar-C 90mm F4

bono0272

I used std 39mm filters on mine. The thread pitch is a bit off so it doesn't screw all the way in, but in my experience it was enough to fasten the filter properly. The hood screws into the filter the same way as the filter into the lens. I used my 90C with both 39mm B&W as well as UV/IR filers, all from B+W.

- Carl

I used std 39mm filters on mine. The thread pitch is a bit off so it doesn't screw all the way in, but in my experience it was enough to fasten the filter properly. The hood screws into the filter the same way as the filter into the lens. I used my 90C with both 39mm B&W as well as UV/IR filers, all from B+W.

- Carl

agreed...use standard 39mil, no issues

andy

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just got an E39 IR/UV to be used on the Elmar-C 90mm and the M8. I don't think I will be using 90mm a lot, so this seems to be an ideal compromise. :)

I bought a Elmar 90mm during the summer (just to have 'in the bag' as the Summicron was heavy and I didn't use it much) and like you didn't think I'd use it much. However, I've used it far more than I ever used the Summicron and find it a wonderful 'little' lens.

Like others, I use the standard 39mm filter.

Regards, Tom

Photography by Tom Lane

• 3 weeks later...
I want to put an IR Cut filter on my Elmar-C 90mm F4 for using with the M8. Series 5.5 filter size should be used. Is there any IR cut filter in Series 5.5 size? And do I need to original hood to fix this filter?

Thanks in advanced.

I expect you have made up your mind. If not, I wonder whether you really need one for a 90mm lens? It is generally accepted that longer than 35 to 50 correction filters are not vital. I don't use one on my TeleElmarit 90mm and detect no problems, unlike my previously uncoded 21mm. (Since coded)

I expect you have made up your mind. If not, I wonder whether you really need one for a 90mm lens? It is generally accepted that longer than 35 to 50 correction filters are not vital. I don't use one on my TeleElmarit 90mm and detect no problems, unlike my previously uncoded 21mm. (Since coded)

I would have thought thatUV/IR-cut filters are still needed, but coding is not as important for lenses longer than 50mm. :confused: