Delkin charger - M8 (All posts merged)

cbretteville

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It still doesn't show on their website. Did anyone succeed in getting in touch with Delkin Sales Dept?

I tried, but the toll free number doesn't work from Europe. I also sent an email, but am still waiting for a reply...

I just got a reply this morning by email. Here it is:

"The Leica M8 battery charging plate has proven to be a bit

difficult to develop as the release date keeps being pushed back. The

next projected date is this month on the 30th. The word is that they are

just waiting for sample approval and then they will go into full

production. If you like I can keep you up to date with any info I get

via your email address."

I did reply to keep me informed by email and will post any updates.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a reply this morning by email. Here it is:

"The Leica M8 battery charging plate has proven to be a bit

difficult to develop as the release date keeps being pushed back. The

next projected date is this month on the 30th. ...

Soooo that would be 30th February would it ... ? :confused:

Delkin must be working hard if they're going to deliver the M8 plate and a brand-new date in the same month. :cool:

Pete.

Seeing as there is only 28 days in this month we'll have to wait until they change the calendar so all months have 30 or 31 days in it.

Let me add that this is a lie just like all the other dates they have come up with.

This started some time in July or August.

You know what, my Leica chargers are still working so I won't be buying one of the Delkin chargers.

• 1 month later...

Hi All - Some good news from Delkin, the charging plate for the Lieca M8 is in stock and shipping (finally)! We're still getting it set up on the web to take orders, but in the meantime you can call in and place an order by phone for immediate shipment. Just call in at 858.391.1234 and ask for the sales department. Price for the charger is $39.99 and plates are $4.99 for a set of two. Just wanted to give you all a heads up since I know you've been anxiously awaiting their arrival :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All - Some good news from Delkin, the charging plate for the Lieca M8 is in stock and shipping (finally)! We're still getting it set up on the web to take orders, but in the meantime you can call in and place an order by phone for immediate shipment. Just call in at 858.391.1234 and ask for the sales department. Price for the charger is $39.99 and plates are $4.99 for a set of two. Just wanted to give you all a heads up since I know you've been anxiously awaiting their arrival :)

Excellent news--and the Web site is all set up for the M8 dual plates. I ordered mine right away--$70 with FedEx delivery to Canada! Very nice: now I can charge all my M8 batteries at once!

Just ordered one from their website as well. I'm in California, as is Delkin, so it should get here quickly. I'll post an overview when it arrives. I'll also post an image of this charger next to the Leica one for a comparison of the two, size wise.

Edited by lewis44

I just did--the M8 plates are there :) But we now have two threads about this...

cool, please keep us posted.

acutally there are three threads about this, thank alopez for his update.

Just ordered one from their website as well. I'm in California, as is Delkin, so it should get here quickly. I'll post an overview when it arrives. I'll also post an image of this charger next to the Leica one for a comparison of the two, size wise.

Thanks! looking forward seeing your review as well.

It seems that in Europe we may have to wait a while.

I can order the (EU) universal battery charger on the Delkin EU site but the charging plates are not listed.

The charging plates are available on the Delkin US website but when I place an order for the plate the website says: "Sorry, there are no available shipping methods for your location." Doh! :(

I wonder how long it will take for the charging plates to show up on the Delkin EU website. :confused:

Pete.

Terry and Jamie:

Can you let us know if the Fedex rate included the brokerage fee or if it later gets collected at the door.

I am reluctant to buy cheaper items when the shipping is about $30 and then a brokerage fee of $30 may also have to be paid, making the price of the item double. Some of the smarter retailers in the US have a US post option for Canadian shipments, which usually has minimal or no brokerage fees.

Robert

Terry and Jamie:

Can you let us know if the Fedex rate included the brokerage fee or if it later gets collected at the door.

I am reluctant to buy cheaper items when the shipping is about $30 and then a brokerage fee of $30 may also have to be paid, making the price of the item double. Some of the smarter retailers in the US have a US post option for Canadian shipments, which usually has minimal or no brokerage fees.

Robert

Robert,

FedEx Ground (that Delkin uses) is a service where brokerage fee is included (at least last time I used it). Down side is, it takes longer to get here. Same as UPS, but no extra cost at the door....

I hope it helps.

I just order the kit, a few cents shy of $70US... Let's see...:)

Ordered the M8 Charger by phone yesterday morning and received the package this afternoon. The Dual Universal Battery Charger consists the charger unit, 12V car adapter c, 120-240V ac adapter and the power cord. The M8 Plate (2) is boxed separately. The

Battery Charger unit measures about 4" (L) x 3"(H) x 3"(w) with both plates inserted. As you can see from the attached photos, it is slightly smaller than the old M8 charger, but with the addition of the power adapter and power cord, it occupies quite a lot of space. The real advantage, IMHO, is that it can charge two batteries at the same time. Hope this will help fellow members who are interested in this new charger.

S.Kueh

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!