Sign in to follow this  
cbretteville

Delkin charger - M8 (All posts merged)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It still doesn't show on their website. Did anyone succeed in getting in touch with Delkin Sales Dept?

I tried, but the toll free number doesn't work from Europe. I also sent an email, but am still waiting for a reply...

I just got a reply this morning by email. Here it is:

"The Leica M8 battery charging plate has proven to be a bit

difficult to develop as the release date keeps being pushed back. The

next projected date is this month on the 30th. The word is that they are

just waiting for sample approval and then they will go into full

production. If you like I can keep you up to date with any info I get

via your email address."

I did reply to keep me informed by email and will post any updates.

I just got a reply this morning by email. Here it is:

"The Leica M8 battery charging plate has proven to be a bit

difficult to develop as the release date keeps being pushed back. The

next projected date is this month on the 30th. ...

Soooo that would be 30th February would it ... ?

Delkin must be working hard if they're going to deliver the M8 plate and a brand-new date in the same month.

Pete.

Seeing as there is only 28 days in this month we'll have to wait until they change the calendar so all months have 30 or 31 days in it.

Let me add that this is a lie just like all the other dates they have come up with.

This started some time in July or August.

You know what, my Leica chargers are still working so I won't be buying one of the Delkin chargers.

Thanks for the update - not very encouraging though...

They must be getting ready for the M9:confused:

Maybe Shootist is right: better stick w/the Frankencharger, for as long as it keeps working.

Hi All - Some good news from Delkin, the charging plate for the Lieca M8 is in stock and shipping (finally)! We're still getting it set up on the web to take orders, but in the meantime you can call in and place an order by phone for immediate shipment. Just call in at 858.391.1234 and ask for the sales department. Price for the charger is $39.99 and plates are $4.99 for a set of two. Just wanted to give you all a heads up since I know you've been anxiously awaiting their arrival

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All - Some good news from Delkin, the charging plate for the Lieca M8 is in stock and shipping (finally)! We're still getting it set up on the web to take orders, but in the meantime you can call in and place an order by phone for immediate shipment. Just call in at 858.391.1234 and ask for the sales department. Price for the charger is $39.99 and plates are $4.99 for a set of two. Just wanted to give you all a heads up since I know you've been anxiously awaiting their arrival

Excellent news--and the Web site is all set up for the M8 dual plates. I ordered mine right away--$70 with FedEx delivery to Canada! Very nice: now I can charge all my M8 batteries at once!

Just ordered one from their website as well. I'm in California, as is Delkin, so it should get here quickly. I'll post an overview when it arrives. I'll also post an image of this charger next to the Leica one for a comparison of the two, size wise.

Edited by lewis44

I just did--the M8 plates are there But we now have two threads about this...

cool, please keep us posted.

acutally there are three threads about this, thank alopez for his update.

Just ordered one from their website as well. I'm in California, as is Delkin, so it should get here quickly. I'll post an overview when it arrives. I'll also post an image of this charger next to the Leica one for a comparison of the two, size wise.

Thanks! looking forward seeing your review as well.

It seems that in Europe we may have to wait a while.

I can order the (EU) universal battery charger on the Delkin EU site but the charging plates are not listed.

The charging plates are available on the Delkin US website but when I place an order for the plate the website says: "Sorry, there are no available shipping methods for your location." Doh!

I wonder how long it will take for the charging plates to show up on the Delkin EU website.

Pete.

I can order the (EU) universal battery charger on the Delkin EU site but the charging plates are not listed.

I wonder how long it will take for the charging plates to show up on the Delkin EU website.

I asked Delkin UK this morning. This was their reply - so hopefully we'll not have to wait too long...

Dear Mr Cutler.

As you have no doubt seen, the Leica M8 plates are now available on the US web site. We are expecting UK delivery within the next few days. As soon as stock arrives, the plate will appear on the UK web site.

We have made a note to advise you as soon as this happens.

Kind Regards

Delkin Europe Ltd

So you can swap plates for another battery type (specifically I'm looking at Canon's SD series), and is there a DC input?

You buy separate plates for each battery type and use the same charger. Also it is 110/220 v and has a battery adapter.

Here is the link;

Delkin Devices -

Thanks for the info. Rich. It would be really helpful if you would kindly post back here when Delkin advises you that the charging plates are on its UK website.

Pete.

Thanks for the info. Rich. It would be really helpful if you would kindly post back here when Delkin advises you that the charging plates are on its UK website.

Will do...

Like Jamie I am in Canada (West Coast) and I ordered the charger with two M8 plates and a couple of plates for my Nikon gear. It should take a week and bit to get here.

Best regards. Terry.

Terry and Jamie:

Can you let us know if the Fedex rate included the brokerage fee or if it later gets collected at the door.

I am reluctant to buy cheaper items when the shipping is about $30 and then a brokerage fee of $30 may also have to be paid, making the price of the item double. Some of the smarter retailers in the US have a US post option for Canadian shipments, which usually has minimal or no brokerage fees.

Robert

Presume this has an external AC adapter. How big is it?

The one thing I like about the original M8 charger is that I can plug it directly into the wall - no wires, no brick plug.