Delkin charger - M8 (All posts merged)

cbretteville

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Don't really know what the last 2 posts are about but IIRC there was a post in the middle of August stating that the plate would be ready in mid September. Now they arre saying end of October. Just how hard is it to make a plate that holds the M8 battery and connect to 2 terminals on the battery.

Hmmm, you think they might have a few other digital cameras to keep up with?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You tell us Ed, you seem to know most things. Besides, with the new M charger coming out, why would they bother?

Well that was my point. The M8 is a low sales volume camera and now that Leica is offering a smaller charger they might rethink the introduction of the plates.

I would of bought one of the Delkin chargers 1-2-3-6-12-18 months ago and I probably still will (instead of the new Leica charger). But it can't be that hard to design and manufacture a plate for the M8 battery. God Tim Issac has designed and produces many more complex items for the M8 in a much shorter time from start to finished product.

The one from Delkin would have to be considerably less expensive than the new one from Leica, don't you think? Anyone seen a price from Leica yet?

Yes it will be but just how many are they going to sell.

There are some M8 users that will buy the new Leica charger just because it is from Leica and has a Leica logo. For all we know Delkin makes it, or the company that make the charger for Delkin.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes it will be but just how many are they going to sell.

There are some M8 users that will buy the new Leica charger just because it is from Leica and has a Leica logo. For all we know Delkin makes it, or the company that make the charger for Delkin.

I'm buying the Delkin because it looks cooler. Plus, then nobody will ever be able to call me a Leica fanboy again. ;)

• 2 months later...

Those of us intrigued by the compact and very attractive Delkin dual-battery charger have been promised time after time that the new battery plates needed to make it compatible with the M8 battery would definitely be out before Xmas.

Time is running out. So is my patience. Seems like a great product and at a great price. Xmas is almost here, and it's at the top of my Santa list.

So tell us, Delkin Devices, will it be here in time for the holiday?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Vaporware. Evey time I have contected them, which is about 4 time, They push it back 1-1.5 months.

Last time I checked it was supposed to be out by middle of October but that was after they said August then September.

Does anyone know who makes the NEW M8.2 charger.

I was looking forward to the new charger for the 8.2. From all I've read it's more compact than the original. However, I bought the 8.2 two weeks ago and the charger was...the same charger included in the original M8 kit. I know cuz I have one. I asked the dealer about this and they indicated that they had not received any kits with the new charger.

I was looking forward to the new charger for the 8.2. From all I've read it's more compact than the original. However, I bought the 8.2 two weeks ago and the charger was...the same charger included in the original M8 kit. I know cuz I have one. I asked the dealer about this and they indicated that they had not received any kits with the new charger.

I thought one of the selling points of the 8.2 was the new compact charger and mine came with one. Did Leica run out of the compact ones and substitute the old "brick"? I would demand the new one if I were you. I believe the M8.2 guide shows the new charger in it. Are they shipping different kits depending on where you are located?

Are you sure the dealer didn't switch chargers?? My new charger came in from popflash several weeks ago.

Guest DuquesneG
No, it was not a switch. I have the feeling that Leica ran out of the new chargers and substituted the old for new. It was a disappointment and I am working to rectify this.

I wouldn't go just on a "feeling". It says on Leica's blurb that the M8.2 comes with the new compact charger. If yours came with the old brick, then it was either Solms' legendary QC at work once again, or else somewhere along the line, someone switched it out. I would demand your dealer put it right.