New CV Ultron 28mm f2 on M8?

thompsonkirk

Lou are those image you posted crops or the full M8 frame.

The 'slots' and the sea shot are full frame (although they might be slightly levelled). The swans shot is a crop, approximately 75% of the full frame.

Actually, I'm now less happy with the colouration of the swans and sea shot. But I hasten to add that is my post-processing not the original frame. Clearly, the sea shot is too blue.

LouisB

Chris: Never got any glow with the 35/2 IV either.

KC727: Sharp pics but no bokeh. Would be great at f/2 focussing at short distance if you can.

Hi Ict

Thanks for your recommendation. I took few random shots at f/2 with a close-up focus for sharing. (M8 + cv Ultron 28mm f2.0)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

KC727 (do you, like have a name?)

Great shots and powerful demonstration of the quality of this lens. I must try some similar shots of my own just to see whether the 'coronas' reported in my first shot a factor of the light and not a lens issue.

Are you using a UV/IR filter and is the lens coded?

I have now successfully coded my lens with the m-coder.

LouisB

Great shots and powerful demonstration of the quality of this lens. I must try some similar shots of my own just to see whether the 'coronas' reported in my first shot a factor of the light and not a lens issue.

LouisB

Coded as a ......??

LouisB

Hi LouisB

Thanks for your response. You can call me K C.

A Leica UV/IR filter was used for these shots but the lens has not been coded yet. At the moment, I'm considering whether to buy the m-coder. Anyway, I think it would not be any noticable difference if the focal length is not wider than 21mm.

Again, thx

K C

KC727,

Those shots are very reassuring, re: absence of 'coronas.'

Kirk

Hi Kirk

At a glance, both contrast and flare resistance of the lens are quite good at open aperture. For the thorough perfomance review , we need to wait for the expertise report. Anyway, this lens is a very good value for money.

Thx

K C

"A Leica UV/IR filter was used for these shots but the lens has not been coded yet. At the moment, I'm considering whether to buy the m-coder. Anyway, I think it would not be any noticable difference if the focal length is not wider than 21mm."

KC,

I'm surprised!

I'd expect to see visible cyan vignetting from any uncoded 28mm lens when working in color & using UV/IR.

So I'm surprised that I don't see any cyan corners in your sample pictures, which I assume are uncropped.

Kirk

"A Leica UV/IR filter was used for these shots but the lens has not been coded yet. At the moment, I'm considering whether to buy the m-coder. Anyway, I think it would not be any noticable difference if the focal length is not wider than 21mm."

KC,

I'm surprised!

I'd expect to see visible cyan vignetting from any uncoded 28mm lens when working in color & using UV/IR.

So I'm surprised that I don't see any cyan corners in your sample pictures, which I assume are uncropped.

Kirk

Hi Kirk

I took a photo facing with a strong sunlight (with UV/IR filter) and found some unkown vignetting along metal edge. I don't know whether this problem was caused by uncoded or the lens qulaity itself?? :confused:

Would anyone have this similar experience and know the reason, please let me know.

K C:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Colored fringing around highlights. Typical chromatic aberration.

Two different things! Chromatic aberation is a result of a lens fault, usually absent from Leica ASPH lenses. :D

Colored fringing is:

1. the result of chromatic aberation, usually purple, but can be green too. See Sean Reid's tests. Or:

2. the result of 'blooming' : bleeding of electrons from very strongely exposed pixels to nearby pixels in the dark. Blooming is usually a very distinct purple only.

Two different things! Chromatic aberation is a result of a lens fault, usually absent from Leica ASPH lenses. :D

Colored fringing is:

1. the result of chromatic aberation, usually purple, but can be green too. See Sean Reid's tests. Or:

2. the result of 'blooming' : bleeding of electrons from very strongely exposed pixels to nearby pixels in the dark. Blooming is usually a very distinct purple only.

Hi Vanhulsenbeek

Could you tell me what is the problem in my photo???:confused:

Thx

KC