Why looks M8 pics less digital than competitors?

bebert

Advertisement (gone after registration)

actually when I'm in the mountains with my M8 I shoot 28mm 90% of the time...I also carry a 50mm, but that remains in the backpack most of the time. I use it for an occasional portret of a groupmember

landscape is to be shot with wide angel mostly

Reinier, Seems to me that real landscape is to be shot mostly with an 8 x 10 view camera. But I don't really shoot landscape. I shoot things that came from the hand of man. In the mountains around Colorado Springs that mostly means ghost towns and abandoned gold mining structures and equipment. Oh, the mountains are there in the background all right, and they're beautiful, but it's the things left behind by a vanished culture that are interesting.

I really like what I saw on your web site. That's a very cute girl on the opening page.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check your Private Message box.

Will she find a horse's head? ;)

To summarize this thread:

(1) Blind tests between camera output is meaningless.

(2) An astonishing difference in quality can be seen if online images are labelled with a camera name - even in very small jpegs.

(3) If the images happened to have been 'mislabelled' it doesn't matter, because nothing can be ascertained from online comparisons anyway (see 1), it's all in the print.

The main message then, is that Kodak chose the M8 sensor as the ne plus ultra of their electronic production - never to be superseded...

Everyone happy?

Mani

The main message then, is that Kodak chose the M8 sensor as the ne plus ultra of their electronic production - never to be superseded...

Everyone happy?

Mani

Well, if all sensor producers could be persuaded to take that position, it would surely save a lot of acrimony on the Internet:p