Custom M8 DNG profiles

fjmcsu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks a lot, I put the profile in my CameraProfiles under MacOX 10.5, now when I ope de DNG in CS3 whit camera raw 4.5 I can see in the camera calibration only 3 options:ACR 3.6 ACR 4.4 and Adobe Standar Beta 1, well, and NOW WHAT?, where are all the profiles I seen in the Camera Profiles??

Thanks in advence.

Efra

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the macbeth chart used for profiling was shot under difficult lighting or had a reflection that changed the colors a bit?

If there is any color cast on the Macbeth Colorchecker when it was shot, you get a pop-up when trying to do the base chart profile in the profile editor telling you that a strong color cast has been detected in the fourth row (gray squares) and to re-shoot the chart. Basically, it's not possible to do the chart method unless you start with a proper white balance.

I think one thing some people aren't getting with this process is that you must still begin with a properly white balanced DNG. These profiles aren't magic bullets that will suddenly make all photos from the M8 look perfect. What they will do is get colors correct in relation to one another, which means you can have good reds in your image, but not have excess red where you don't want it--like in caucasian skin tones.

Thanks a lot, I put the profile in my CameraProfiles under MacOX 10.5, now when I ope de DNG in CS3 whit camera raw 4.5 I can see in the camera calibration only 3 options:ACR 3.6 ACR 4.4 and Adobe Standar Beta 1, well, and NOW WHAT?, where are all the profiles I seen in the Camera Profiles??

Thanks in advence.

Efra

Efra - I have the same question. Is the profile embedded in the Beta, or in ACR? Dumb question for some, but a mystery to those not wired into the plumbing of their Macs...

My pleasure for all to try:http://fjmaresphoto.com/M8%20DNG%20Profile/M8%20Digital%20Camera_custom.dcp

Hi Francisco

Many thanks indeed for the link; a most useful profile - now I have a benchmark to work to!

Kind regards

Ken

Efra - I have the same question. Is the profile embedded in the Beta, or in ACR? Dumb question for some, but a mystery to those not wired into the plumbing of their Macs...

You need to export it from the profile editor. That will make it available to ACR 4.5 in Lightroom 2 and CS3.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You need to export it from the profile editor. That will make it available to ACR 4.5 in Lightroom 2 and CS3.

Yes some of the profiles are .DCPR files which are recipes and need to be exported. But once a profile has been export on any computer it can be copied to any other and show in ACR 4.5 or LR 2.

You are all welcome. Hopefully this will start a collective effort to fine tune the profile(the reason for the recipe). As was stated you can send the profile you create from the editor using the export command & it will send it to the profiles folder in camera raw, or just drop the dcp file in the folder if you don't want to mess with the editor.

http://fjmaresphoto.com/M8%20DNG%20Profile/M8%20Adobe%20Beta%20Standard_custom.dcpr

http://fjmaresphoto.com/M8%20DNG%20Profile/M8%20Digital%20Camera_custom.dcp

You are all welcome. Hopefully this will start a collective effort to fine tune the profile(the reason for the recipe). As was stated you can send the profile you create from the editor using the export command & it will send it to the profiles folder in camera raw, or just drop the dcp file in the folder if you don't want to mess with the editor.

http://fjmaresphoto.com/M8%20DNG%20Profile/M8%20Adobe%20Beta%20Standard_custom.dcpr

http://fjmaresphoto.com/M8%20DNG%20Profile/M8%20Digital%20Camera_custom.dcp

Funny but your link to the .DCPR file shows up in IE 7 as text listing all the edits that take place. But when right clicking on it and selecting "Save Target As" it downloads and opens in the PE fine.

Shootist,

You are correct & I don't know why it occurs. I did the work on a Mac but run an Win XP Pro networked & noticed it after you pointed it out. On the Mac OS it downloads similar to the other dcp file ! ?:confused:

Shootist,

You are correct & I don't know why it occurs. I did the work on a Mac but run an Win XP Pro networked & noticed it after you pointed it out. On the Mac OS it downloads similar to the other dcp file ! ?:confused:

It seems to have a XMP header. After downloading it and then trying to open it in IE 7 it doesn't.

Thanks. I can't wait to load this up and give it a try. I started using the various NIkon profiles this morning and they have a number of that that give vastly different results. This is going to be an interesting period as people develop new profiles.

Thanks Again!

Terry

I'm trying LR2, LR 1.4 is what I usually use. I've downloaded ACR 4.5 but where do I put the .8bi file to get it to show in the Camera calibration panel? Also, where would one place .dcp files. I find the Adobe instructions not a lot of help.

(Mac OSX 10.5.4 in use.)

I'm trying LR2, LR 1.4 is what I usually use. I've downloaded ACR 4.5 but where do I put the .8bi file to get it to show in the Camera calibration panel? Also, where would one place .dcp files. I find the Adobe instructions not a lot of help.

(Mac OSX 10.5.4 in use.)

If you install LR 2 the most current version od ACR will also be installed for use in LR 2, although they don't call it ACR in LR. ACR is PART of lightroom.

If your on a Win PC you put the .8bi file in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

On a Mac I'm not sure but doing a search of your hard drive/s for either Camera Raw.8bi or *.8bi will turn up all instances of this file or extention.