Sign in to follow this  
thwalker

Lightroom 2.0

Basically, yes. From the Develop module go to Camera Calibration and select a Profile. "ACR 4.4" and "Adobe Beta 1" will be present for all cameras. Other profile options will be presented depending on the camera. (I get several standard beta profiles for my Canon 1 images.)

You can use the DNG Profile Editor to create custom profiles which can them be used in LR and, I believe, in ACR. (I've not yet tried the latter.)

Ken - thanks very much. Downloaded the profiles from the Adobe beta section. Followed the instructions -- theirs and yours. I have just played around with a couple of shots and like very much what I see. JB

Is it possible to load in Jamie Roberts' profiles or the JFI profiles in LR 2.0? If they are just ICC tags, then in theory it should be feasible.

I don't think so. I think, although I don't know for sure, the Adobe DNG profile editor save the resulting edit in a LR and or ACR specific profile extension, .XXX. Not a .ICC file.

If you read the LL article you can only edit or create profiles using a DNG file as the starting point. So you would need to convert RAW files to DNG, that is IF they aren't already DNG files like the ones from a M8/DMR. And even then you may need to use the Adobe DNG converter to get the correct type of DNG file.

I have to say it takes Adobe forever to send you a link through to the download area - even when you HAVE paid 60% over the odds (including someone else's rate of VAT...

)

I have to say it takes Adobe forever to send you a link through to the download area - even when you HAVE paid 60% over the odds (including someone else's rate of VAT... )

Andy I think the link is to the demo/trial, which is a full version, and then you use the KEY/Serial # they email to you to register and activate it as the paid version.

So even though you didn't get the email right away you could just DL the Demo/trial and install it before you paid for it. then activate it once the KEY/Serial arrives.

Ultimately when I have a quiet afternoon I'll shoot my GM color card under a few lighting conditions and use the DNG Profile Editor to create standard profiles for the M8 for those lighting conditions.

I am very happy to see Adobe finally putting earnest effort toward camera profiling. Such profiles are of greatest value to those who shoot hundreds of images at once (i.e. weddings) and then need to apply batch adjustments quickly.

Note that older printers (like my Epson 4000 ) cannot print from LR 2.0 in 64 bit mode. You must stay in 32 bit to be able to print from LR 2.0 with these older printers. According to Jeff Schewe, the new Epson models (3800 and all xx80 models) have the appropriate heads and drivers to print from LR 2.0 in 64 bit mode.

Hi Carl, you had me worried for a minute. I print with 2 "old" Epson 9600 and use Lr 2.0 in 64bit mode. I just did a quick test and there is not problem with printing.

Best regards

Volker

Anyone get these new profiles to work with the Mac version?

I only get "Embedded" as an option

Certainly works in Photoshop. If you open up a DNG in photoshop the calibration tab has an extra profile in the drop down list "Adobe Standard beta 1"

Anyone get these new profiles to work with the Mac version?

I only get "Embedded" as an option

Andy: I'm in the same boat as you.

Certainly works in Photoshop. If you open up a DNG in photoshop the calibration tab has an extra profile in the drop down list "Adobe Standard beta 1"

Doesn't work for me either in PSCS3 or in LR2.

Yes. I downoaded the beta ones that you linked to, and installed the beta package that came with that. I then started LR and PS and nada...

Same here. Don't see anything other then ACR 4.4, ACR 3.6 and Adobe Standard Beta 1. I even did a reboot and reinstall of the profiles, not in LR2.0 or in ACR 4.5.

I'm on a Mac Dual G5 with Leopard 10.5.4.

The 'Adobe Standard Beta 1' _is_ the new profile as far as I'm aware. You should see the camera name in the title bar of the ACR window. My understanding is that ACR is using the beta profile for that particular camera. I'm assuming that if there were more than one profile for the camera it would be seen in the drop down list.

Well that's a general profile then, Adobe Standard Beta 1. I see it popping up for all my cameras. With the Nikons I get profiles similar ones to the picture settings of Nikon in NX(2).

So it seems to be working, although I expected to see a Leica specific profile.

For Camera Raw 4.5 and Raw Converter for Mac go here.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?roduct=106&platform=Macintosh

For Windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

But if you install the new LR 2, even as a Demo/Trial, the new ACR should of been install for LR with it.

NOTE:

The profiles only work in the new LR 2 and ACR 4.5.

Do you need to install the new Camera Raw Update before installing LR and these profiles?

Maybe that's the problem.

I'll have another look when I get home this evening.