Lightroom 2.0

thwalker

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I notice in the just released Lightroom 2.0 that three new M8 color profiles are included. Has anyone figured out just how these work? I believe they are probably accessed by choosing Adoba standard beta 1 in the Calibration tab of the Develop module. However, it's not clear how this links to the three M8 profiles that appear in the folder that is downloaded from Adobe Labs in order to implement the new system. The three profiles do not appear as separate options.

I'm probably missing something -- anyone figure this out yet?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've converted to 2.0 and have been working a bit with the beta profiles and the DNG profile editor. My early opinion is that it may be just what M8 shooters, in particular, really need to categorically fine-tune tonality. A terrific tinker toy that will likely consume millions of collective hours.

I have left the beta pretty much alone, but what would be handy would be if people were willing to share their tweaks and profiles that they create (on the assumption that they act like PS plug-ins), for the benefit of "the community"

Just an altruistic thought...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yeah, I´m from Europe and want to get Lightroom.

BUT: 99 € (USD 153 !!) for the upgrade instead of 99 USD - :mad:

this I find is a little bit outrageous and not very user friendly.

Since I have no permanent address in the U.S. I just have to

ask a friend to buy it for me which does make it cumbersome. :cool:

I just feel it isn´t very fair. Do you think the same? It would

be nice if Adobe does the same as Apple with its iPhone prices.

Happy Lightroomin´ anyway!

all the best,

Concorde-SST

I´ll understand if they don´t offer downloads of software, only physical copies.

But downloading really doesn´t makes a difference wheter you live in the U.S.,

Australia, Afghanistan or Europe.

Anyway, its good to have a strong euro for travelling and shopping CHEAP

clothes :)

have fun,

a.

Note that older printers (like my Epson 4000 :mad: ) cannot print from LR 2.0 in 64 bit mode. You must stay in 32 bit to be able to print from LR 2.0 with these older printers. According to Jeff Schewe, the new Epson models (3800 and all xx80 models) have the appropriate heads and drivers to print from LR 2.0 in 64 bit mode.

I've converted to 2.0 and have been working a bit with the beta profiles and the DNG profile editor. My early opinion is that it may be just what M8 shooters, in particular, really need to categorically fine-tune tonality. A terrific tinker toy that will likely consume millions of collective hours.

Ken - just downloaded 2.0. For those of us who've not found the M8 profiles, could you, or someone, walk us through the steps of getting access to them and setting them up? Many thanks. JB

I just went to the Develop tab in Develop, went to set default settings, was offered the choice of Updating to Current Settings for "M8 Digital Camera." I clicked on this.

Is that all I need to do?

This is not exclusive to the M8!

It should be in the digital or customer forum - can a mod please move it? Ta!

Having said that I too am not best pleased that the US upgrade price is $99 and the UK equivalent is £69 (ex VAT) which is around USD138 currently :( . I can understand a difference if it's only available as a boxed product, but a download? Even if you include VAT that's USD116 (every little helps! ;) ).

This is not exclusive to the M8!

It should be in the digital or customer forum - can a mod please move it? Ta!

Although LR 2.0 is not exclusively for the M8 the original post is dealing with LR 2 and M8 profiles.

No this thread shouldn't be moved.

The links to download the profiles and editor are here.

DNG Profiles - Adobe Labs

Big question for me is "Can the profiles created in LR or PS ACR be used in the other program? IE, If I create profiles in LR 2 can I save and load that profile is straight ACR 4.5 and the other way around?

Well I'll find out in about 3-6 days when my LR 2 CD shows up (No I really don't care for downloaded program. I'd rather have a physical disk and serial #).

My questions have been answered by the LL article. Yes they can be saved and used in either program and free given, or sold, to others.

The next question is should I uninstall LR 1.4.1 before installing LR 2.

I just went to the Develop tab in Develop, went to set default settings, was offered the choice of Updating to Current Settings for "M8 Digital Camera." I clicked on this.

Is that all I need to do?

Basically, yes. From the Develop module go to Camera Calibration and select a Profile. "ACR 4.4" and "Adobe Beta 1" will be present for all cameras. Other profile options will be presented depending on the camera. (I get several standard beta profiles for my Canon 1 images.)

You can use the DNG Profile Editor to create custom profiles which can them be used in LR and, I believe, in ACR. (I've not yet tried the latter.)