Ten lost images

rdubois

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... This is the INTERNATIONAL forum. I expect forum members to use plain english. How am I supposed to know you're using slang?

I too didn't know what he meant by the word "crew." But I still got his point.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest stnami

Life in a Dictionary of one's own choice

.........us mob were sure pissed off when Phillip and his crew came to our shores and said we must act international. We asked who organised this international business they said they did .........

Still reckon you guys need to download yahoo messenger. Then you could abuse each other real time and post the logs of your conversations here so we can all enjoy it :D :D :D :D.

Ahh I love it.

Hey Im, at least they didnt sell us 'em "heap moldy blankets".

Unfortunately this sequence was rather important and can't be rephotographed and I guess that what was not written to card cannot be retrieved but any suggestion as to retrieving the unsupported format?

Thanks Dubois

Well, thank your lucky stars !

In the process of adopting the m8 as my primary shooting camera, I took the step of using two loaned M8's for a wedding shoot on Saturday. An interesting experience with much learned. (I've used the M8 quite a bit now).

During the exchange of rings the body with the 75mm shut down and needed the battery and card pulling. In the meantime, I switched to the 35mm body.

On at least 10 different occasions, I pressed the shutter and nothing happened - switching off and back on again didn't work first time. Don't know why yet. Was in DNG only mode.

I've now attempted to download the cards and two Sandisk Extreme cards, with perhaps 360 images on board, will not reveal their contents. I only hope this will be resolved. The other 4 Sandisk Ultra cards were OK and I've 660 images in the bag.

I'm not blaming the M8's as I'm sure it may turn out to be a familiarity issue on my part, or maybe it's a card reader issue.

Wish me luck. :o

No need to get rude!

I can not, and will let myself be called a fool because I don't speak your slang. This is the INTERNATIONAL forum. I expect forum members to use plain english. How am I supposed to know you're using slang?

See here, old chap, or should I say: Hey you! or: Oi,cobber ?

Which plain English?

The Queen's? Cockney? Liverpudlian? Amurrrican? South Effrikan? A wee bit of Scottish? etc.. It is ,as you say, international, so there is variation. One man's daily English is another one's slang....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I too didn't know what he meant by the word "crew." But I still got his point.

I too got his point. I decided not to go into that because I thought the analogy was a bit distasteful, so to speak. :)

My point was that it gets a bit annoying when the same negative message is repeated again and again.

I'm not saying the M8, or any other Leica is perftect, but I, like many others, have not had major problems. I reject the suggestion that other brands by definition do not suffer from the same small or large problems.

Knd Rgrds,

Peter

See here, old chap, or should I say: Hey you! or: Oi,cobber ?

Which plain English?

The Queen's? Cockney? Liverpudlian? Amurrrican? South Effrikan? A wee bit of Scottish? etc.. It is ,as you say, international, so there is variation. One man's daily English is another one's slang....

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for making me laugh about all this. :)

If me and my crew all eat the same thing at dinner, and I'm the only one puking my guts out all night, then it wasn't the food, it's something about me...a virus, a allergy, something.

Medically utterly incorrect. Food poisoning is known for hitting one person and passing by the next, despite eating the same tainted food.

Guest jimmy pro
Medically utterly incorrect. Food poisoning is known for hitting one person and passing by the next, despite eating the same tainted food.

I should of known better then to use a medical or dental analagy on a Leica forum...to many experts around :D Hell for that matter I should of known better then to point out on a Leica forum an obvious and logical truth about it being the M8's fault if the same SD card works in a bunch of other cameras.

Guest jimmy pro
....no need to go to a doctor anymore listen a dentist and pay twice the amount for advice:D

Well that was rude! Almost as bad as the old riddle "What do you call a guy who couldn't get in to medical school? A dentist!"

I reject the suggestion that other brands by definition do not suffer from the same small or large problems.

I certainly have not done a study of camera problems. However, I never heard of Canon or Nikon users worrying about lock-ups, card failures, data loss (other than on the 1DsII for a while) shooting too fast, or shooting with too low a charge.

So it seems to me the fact that some Leica users recommend others to use prophylactic procedures that some of these problems may be endemic.