1 reason why I don't have a M8

Guest stnami

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My one reason to use a M8 is that I enjoy using the camera and the lenses. Easy to use and nice files. When you try to do artistic photography digging in your mind and transforming the file in something that becomes a artistic picture but no more a photography, any pocket camera will be fine for you.

I totally agree.

Stuart:)

PS your photograph shows humanity

Guest stnami
When you try to do artistic photography digging in your mind and transforming the file in something that becomes a artistic picture but no more a photography any pocket camera will be fine for you.

I considered this and spent some time with the small sensor P&S's but the files were not strong enough to cope with extended PS work. There just isn't enough latitude to deconstruct and reconstruct files via various levels of dpi. If you play with colour spaces and cuves enough you will see the shotcomings of small sensor cameras especially in the midtone graduations. ( Working in LAB colour one will quickly realise why a small file just doesn't cut it). Other than that the density of scanned film/slide film are ideal to play with.

All the images I post on the net are just that created for the net, gallery stuff requires bigger files in order to obtain decent print sizes thus a different approach to making and results

All the images I post on the net are just that created for the net, gallery stuff requires bigger files in order to obtain decent print sizes thus a different approach to making and resultsQuote

Fair enough, that I can understand.

:)

Stnami,

your pictures are very striking. I like them. In partiucular i find amazing the "One eye open" series, eight amazing blows in the belly.

I'm sure photography has a very wide horizon that allows each one to perform it the best way possible and with the preferred shades.

That's the reason why I HAVE the M8. :D

Speaking of falling and M8s! I am in California and have been hiking in the John Muir Wilderness for a week. On Tuesday, I stumbled over a rock in the path and fell face first onto my M8, breaking my nose. My M8 is fine :) but I'm a lot worse for the wear! At least I didn't break my glasses or teeth and my nose will mend. Can you see the imprint of the M8 on my face? This was made with the same M8 that did the damage:

Tina

Tina Manley- powered by SmugMug

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Speaking of falling and M8s!

Must have lost the IR filter in the fall. There's a serious magenta cast around your eye there.

(Looks painful ... hope it gets better soon.)

All the best,

Kent.