I love my M4-P !!

Guest maddoc2003jp

• 1 month later...

This is not a collector's piece: She bears scars, rub marks and all (but no dents: I never dropped her). However, I would never trade her for a mint one.

She is my camera and she has been with me everywhere everyday since when I bought her, brand new, a long time ago.

I never had a problem with her; she went to Solms in 2007 for a CLA and to receive the MP viewfinder...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I present you my new M4-P.

All operations are smooth and silent.

A lot of M4-P I owned but this one is a very top class calibrated.

Regards.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Click!

What am I shooting with?

A camera.

I have always used a camera.

They’ve been made of wood, cardboard, metal and even plastic. But they’ve always been recognizable as a camera: a box with a hole in it, sometimes with glass on the hole and mostly coming from somewhere called ‘China’. They often have symbols on them, so that other people with different ones avoid you and people with the same symbols like to come and chat even if they don’t know who you are.

Some cameras need cool rolled-up things in them; others have ‘mammary’ cards. I’m sure they’re mammary cards as men like them to be big and will pay extra money for the biggest ones.

Sometimes people get tired of their cameras and they give them away or sell them for a lot less than what they paid. This happens because they think that their ‘old’ cameras suddenly become no good at taking pictures and new ones with different symbols and thingies on are needed to take great shots.

It’s funny how old men sometimes pay lots of money for silly cameras like mine, with red dots on them... But I just like those cameras, and they take nice black and white pictures.

Sometimes young people use words which mean that I’m shooting with something weird, because it doesn’t have many symbols on it and is not the same as everyone else’s.

May be I should have more thingies…

Or maybe not…

• Like 5

Click!

What am I shooting with?

A camera.

I have always used a camera.

They’ve been made of wood, cardboard, metal and even plastic. But they’ve always been recognizable as a camera: a box with a hole in it, sometimes with glass on the hole and mostly coming from somewhere called ‘China’. They often have symbols on them, so that other people with different ones avoid you and people with the same symbols like to come and chat even if they don’t know who you are.

Some cameras need cool rolled-up things in them; others have ‘mammary’ cards. I’m sure they’re mammary cards as men like them to be big and will pay extra money for the biggest ones.

Sometimes people get tired of their cameras and they give them away or sell them for a lot less than what they paid. This happens because they think that their ‘old’ cameras suddenly become no good at taking pictures and new ones with different symbols and thingies on are needed to take great shots.

It’s funny how old men sometimes pay lots of money for silly cameras like mine, with red dots on them... But I just like those cameras, and they take nice black and white pictures.

Sometimes young people use words which mean that I’m shooting with something weird, because it doesn’t have many symbols on it and is not the same as everyone else’s.

May be I should have more thingies…

Or maybe not…

Bravo Mauro!

Effective reflection and showing love to your Leitz Camera. In fact it is as you say; people get bored and change thinking to improve their photos. Actually it is not the camera that should not be, but is something that should not be themselves and not allowing him to make good photos because they are empty inside, or have little to give.

A hug.

Regards.

• Like 1

Indeed!

Not to forget it is the one camera that saved Leica after the M5 Fiasco.

Yeap, the M4P is among the top ones (to me, at least :D )

Actually that was the M4-2, which is something of a dud. It took Leica some time to get the quality control for the M series back to where it should be.

The M4-P replaced the M4-2 (about 11,000 units) and it's a really nice camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine :)

• Like 5

Team with Barnack (ready for the challenge)

• Like 4

• Like 6

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mine from 1983 in never used condition.

I like the camera very well. I use it a lot.

Edited by mikemix
  • Like 7