101 reasons for having an M8

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

#21 "The quality of the M8 sensor is often overlooked as one of its key strengths. Coupled with a 35lux-asph or in this case a 24/2.8 asph it is possible reveal intense, sharp detail."

M8 24/2.8 iso320 1/60 f8 - full frame

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

100% crop

Guest jimmy pro
Reason #7 The shutter release is instantaneous, so you capture the moment you want.

[ATTACH]92290[/ATTACH]

Just MHO but the moment I would of wanted was prolly either just before or just after that one, when she had her eyes open. Unless she was practicing her golf swing, in which case someone needs to tell her to keep her chin up and her elbow straight :)

Guest jimmy pro

Because is the most hot and sexy camera ever...

Even Scarlett has one.

Scarlett.jpg[/img]

That's pretty obviously not an M8 she's got. You can see the rewind clutch release lever, and a little bit of the rewind crank.

Reason #22

The M8 allows me to take B&W, color and IR in one camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

#23 The M8 is the basis of a light, quiet, unobtrusive system that lets me shoot colour in complex lighting situations with minimum post processing of the RAW file (with Firmware 1.201 installed!) and provide clients with source that can be printed to A1 for theatre and concert posters (Enrico Rava concert, Manchester, UK / Teatr Polski, Warsaw)

High quality portraiture;

Just MHO but the moment I would of wanted was prolly either just before or just after that one, when she had her eyes open. Unless she was practicing her golf swing, in which case someone needs to tell her to keep her chin up and her elbow straight :)

Lots of luck capturing jazz musicians with their eyes open. I just checked -- two nights, four groups, 70 images; 14 had eyes open. But that brings me to another reason:

Number 25 -- Narrow DOF and great bokeh from the Summilux lenses when used with the M8.

That's pretty obviously not an M8 she's got. You can see the rewind clutch release lever, and a little bit of the rewind crank.

Jimmy, that's a pic i found on the internet, unfortunately i'm not intimate to Ms Scarlett. what we see on top of the camera is the shutter and times buttons. The quote stated about the new Scarlett's Leica M8.

The constant viewing viewfinder allows the scene to be viewed in context allowing for a far better potential for capturing highly unpredictable movement (90mm f/2.8 Elmarit)!

Ideal camera for pre-focused unobtrusive hip shots.

Reason #28

It's among the best looking cameras !

with you about the M8

some even want to take a picture

many here put gaffer tape over the Leica emblems on their cameras or darken them out, so I guess not all find this a plus

most of the folks who ask me about the camera have been serious photographers & I have enjoyed my conversations with them & even profited from them

I believe I got a great deal on a Viso & 135 Tele Elmar F4 because the old Leicophile selling it at the camera show where I bought it wanted to play a bit with my M8 ...after a few minutes with it, he declared it "a real M" and showed me how to mount the Viso

I got both the Viso, bellows & the lens for a price less than I have seen asked for the lens alone

I regret that I did not take that fine fellow's photograph that day

with you about the M8

some even want to take a picture

Art

Your picture illustrates exactly the main virtue to me of the M8 which is size and appearance. If I walked down the street with that behemoth attached to my neck, apart from the fact I'd probably expire from exhaustion after ten minutes, I'd expect to cut a swathe of people as I go ducking to get out of my way and my pictures. Talk about standing out like a sore thumb!

LouisB

Because it is the most un-digital camera of all - talking quality of course. No artifacts. Non-obtrusive for sure. This picture is postprocessed with sharpening disabled in C1-4; 320 Asa. 50 mm Summicrom V, half a stop away from wide open.

alberti

Thanks Alberti - another wonderful image - and that makes Reason #30... this looks like one of the fastest growing threads that we've had for a bit, and there's some great work. Just look at Elvis and PGK's images AND think about Artichoke's lovely example of why I don't want to carry around a DSLR all the time.

Best

Enchanting sensor lens combo capable of capturing every detail even when directed straight into the sun.