Ilford Delta 3200

john_r_smith

John,

I've shot a coupple of rolls. Non rated at 3200 though. I'm including some shots to give you an idea.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This one is rated at ISO1600, deveoped in Tetenal Ultrafin Plus 1+4. 1/1000 sec at f5.6, 35mm 'cron (IV).

Crop at 100% of the scan

This one I shot at ISO800 and developed in Paterson FX-39 1+14. 90mm Elmarit-M at 1/125, f2.8

I think I preferr Neopan 1600 shot at 800 to Delta 3200, but I really haven't used them enough to have a rock solid oppinion. Also I shpuld note that Ultrafin Plus isn't a developer I use any more. It came recommended for Delta 3200, but I don't really like the results.

- Carl

I have used it from time to time and find the results mixed. Fun but unpredictable. I always feel it is not as fast as I expected. Perhaps I need to expose for deeper shadows. I followed the Ilford instructions and developed it in Ilfotec DDX.

This was exposed at 3200

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For grain the size of golfballs, here is one taken at a party with a CV 15 f4.5 lens (on an M6). The film was pushed to 12500 and developed by Snappy Snaps

I have used it from time to time and find the results mixed. Fun but unpredictable. I always feel it is not as fast as I expected. Perhaps I need to expose for deeper shadows. I followed the Ilford instructions and developed it in Ilfotec DDX.

This was exposed at 3200

[ATTACH]9307[/ATTACH]

Unpredicatable is what I'd say about Kodak TMAX 3200 also. Remarkably little grain sometimes and a remarkable amount sometimes. I used TMAX developer or D76.

TMAX developer gave slightly better results for both grain and contrast. This film is best rated at 1000 ISO I think.

I often load it up for a night out with the lads - generally in an Olympus Mjuu (no great loss if you accidentally misplace it) but the attached was taken with a CM. For this sort of shot, I quite like the grain. And yes, this one is a little crooked - it was quite late...

i highly recomend the neopan 1600. this is the best film in its class in my opinion.

i have tried the delta 3200 - tried it this way that way, tried it in 35 format in medium. no thanks. it simply doesnt look good. about the same i can say about the tmax3200 (although less experience with it).

neopan 1600 is great film - full of character, amazingly beuatiful. great reaction to various lighting conditions. flexibility etc. a real film. i even use it on the rodinal and it gets amazingly beautiful - u just have to see prints from it - i know it is hard to believe that such film goes with rodinal.

it is also not as difficult for scan as the delta3200. the prints in darkroom are very rewarding of course.

ah - i use it normally on 3200.

Gordon..very nice results.. could you give us a clue to what kind of developer you used and technique.

Thanks

Regards, Leicamann

Ahh, John, you did this to me in the old forum. Developed (and scanned) by the lab, I am afraid to say. I will pass on your compliments. When they only charge US$2 for development, it is a bit hard to go past. I did look at light bags though, last time you mentioned how easy it was to develop your own b&w. Heck, I nearly even bought one...

G.

Ok who ever did it..did this much..kept the temperature steady at 20C....kept the rotation even and gentle....kept the developer fresh and at the exact ratios recommended by Ilford..thats the only way you'll get results like that...anything better is done in small batches by hand.

So many of these films turn out good depending on your "strictness" and "grain craft".

Thanks for sharing

Regards, Leicamann:)

Too grainy for 35. But great in MF. The following image taken with a 150/4.5 on the Mamiya 7 II. Here are some mediocre JPEGS. The chemical prints from the neg look fantastic at 8x10 -- hardly any noticeable grain.