Interesting accessory for you M8 chaps

bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know how rarely some of you venture out of the M8 Forum into the Forum proper, so you may have missed Luigi's posting drawing people's attention to this:

M

This seems to solve at least one of the things that I have heard people gripe about.

Regards,

Bill

Hmmm. Very tempting but for me, I'd pefer to wait for a version that also includes a hatch for the battery. Then I would consider abandoning my M8 grip for one.

LouisB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have mine laser engraved with the image of Lou Reed please. And packed in a humidor.

Seriously, I'm so used to the routine of unscrewing the big silver tripod screw from the Luigi half case with my thumbnail, undressing the camera starting with the shoulder straps, removing the baseplate, etc. Then repeating the process in reverse to read the chiding message "Attention: Bottom cover removed."

I don't think I could get used to just penetrating straight through leather and steel with an SD card. It seems somehow improper. Rather like crotchless panties.

OMG, the hatch is made of.....I don't dare say the "P" word on a Leica forum (except to describe Canon images of course). Ok, I'll spell it so the zelott's won't understand...p-l-a-s-t-i-c. :D :D

Seriously, what's with this "initially" you have to order it from Italy even tho it's made in TX? How friggin' dumb is that! I could see if it was made in Beijing like everything else is today.

Hi Jimmy, if you will order yours, it can de shipped directly from the States, at, seem to me, $ 6, only... and...

"I would have mine laser engraved with the image of Lou Reed please. And packed in a humidor.

Seriously, I'm so used to the routine of unscrewing the big silver tripod screw from the Luigi half case with my thumbnail, undressing the camera starting with the shoulder straps, removing the baseplate, etc. Then repeating the process in reverse to read the chiding message "Attention: Bottom cover removed."

I don't think I could get used to just penetrating straight through leather and steel with an SD card. It seems somehow improper. Rather like crotchless panties."

Hi Dave, I am already working on a my case(s) modification, that would allow to change the SD cafrd without to remove the camera from the case.

And, probably I will offer a modification (cheap) service for the existing (read: dold) case, BUT for the damn problem of our customs... No problems

of course for all the EU customers.

Lastly, to who say that the card may lest as long as the battery: TRUST ME, it is not so safe to fill too much any memory cards ! I prefer to change them quite frequently, because there is a strong risk to have the card "mad", no more working, and to lose some or all the made, stored pictures !

It happened to me, and I was nearly crying !

Ciao, Luigi

I would need a Leicavit to recharge the battery by hand, much more then this kind of joke (IMO naturellement).

BTW, no body has told Luigi Crescenzi that he doesn't have any "communist government in Italy" since a few times ago anymore and he could simply erase this stupid comment PURCHASE-info

Nothing will change, he should be prepare for.

Guest guy_mancuso

I had a demo in San Juan at our workshops and folks kind of liked it , I thought it was a neat idea and makes life for some folks a little simpler. To each his own though. Some will like it and some will not. Secret is you don't have to buy it, just like anything else.

So now the new Luigi cases with the "M-Mate" cut out on the bottom will go for about $600 USD.... ??????

or you'll be able to send your old Luigi case back to Italy and for $100 he"ll put a little cut out on the bottom of your existing half case.

I'm sure it will be a great product for those who change cards often and that can afford it.

For me, I'll have to pass and just take the bottom plate off, I switch the battery with every card too.

What's the over and under on how long until they produce the "B Mate" which will do the same thing for the battery compartment and cost about $500.....???? :)

It's useless if you use the M8 grip.

But like any other after market accessory, it will probably make life easier for some users.

Rafael

I was waiting for that comment to pop up. Since all my lenses are brass-ass heavy silver, I need the added security of the Leica grip. Still, I think it's a great idea.

Regards,

Well perhaps one day the Eye-Fi or one of it's descendents will do the job but for now it's useless for most of us because last time I checked it didn't support RAW files. Also, what you'll save on transferring by Wi-Fi you'll surely lose when the battery discharges faster anyway.

One day though .... full RAW support, faster than two plastic cups and a bit of string and coupled with induction charging batteries ...

BTW, no body has told Luigi Crescenzi that he doesn't have any "communist government in Italy" since a few times ago anymore and he could simply erase this stupid comment PURCHASE-info

Nothing will change, he should be prepare for.

My homonimous seems to have some definite hidiosyncrasy about web-content-management.... the cases are fine, ok, but his site is one of the worst I've ever seen...:rolleyes:

BTW... "Communists" have gone away from the government, and people isn't riding the streets to express their joy for such a "liberation".... :D

Made completely redundant after this accessory came out:

A WiFi SD card, 2G.

You don't even have to remove the baseplate to access the photos, only need to be near your WiFi enabled computer.

Eye-Fi Eye-Fi Home

Regards, Kin

Sounds like a good idea but it will require changing batteries more often, which brings you back to the baseplate removing "game". And out in the field one usually does not carry a laptop, i.e. the wifi sd card does not really allow to address the issue.

s

So I'm curious why I even need a separate bottom plate if I were to use a case for my camera. It'd be so much easier if pulling off the case actually removed the baseplate at the same time. In other words - why not glue the baseplate to the inside of the case and use the lock on the baseplate to attach the case?

I ask because Luigi has commented in the thread - and maybe he could advise if this is practical or not. I presume there would be no reason why the card slot could also be accommodated in this case.