Hektor 13.5cm to Visoflex bellows adapter?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I need to know what adapter I must install between my Visoflex bellows and my 13.5 cm 4.5 Hektor, SN 1270585. The threads on the removeable ring on the bellows seems to be 46mm, while the Hektor, removed from its tube, seems to have a thread of 43mm diameter.

Would a 46mm male to 43mm female adapter ring work?

Is there a removeable adapter for 43mm that installs on the bellows in place of the 46mm adapter I now have?

What lens(es) does the 46 mm adapter work with, if any?

Any answers are appreciated, even if the questions seem stupid. Thanks!

There are only so many numbers a person of my age can remember.... my Leica bibles are at home and I am in the office. To start with, I assume we are dealing with a Visoflex I and a Bellows I.

Bellows II use a different set of adapters. Unless somebody beats me to it, I will post the info later today. Fortunately our Italian Leica gurus are fast asleep at this time :p .

Best,

Jan

The bellows SN is 9307, if that helps answer if bellows I or II, Other than the E. Leitz / Wetzlar Germany, and scales for 13,5 cm and 5 cm on each side, there are no other identifiers. I believe it is a Bellows I. My Visoflex is still on its way to me, but it is a Visoflex I.

Leica bibles consulted and here are the results:

The Leica Bellows I actually came with an included 2-piece adapter for fitting the 135mm Hektor's lens head but, only heads from serial no. 240 000 and up can be fitted. Earlier heads had different threads and could not be used. Apparently, lens heads having serial numbers between 245 000 and 245 800 also had to be sent back to the Wetzlar Service Department for fitting.

These 2-piece adapters sometimes get lost - their order number was 16 570 or UOOST. The first part of the adapter threaded onto the front of the bellows and had a female Leica LTM thread. The second part had a Leica LTM male thread, threaded into the first part and accepted the Hektor's head.

With the Bellows I / 16570 adapter / Hektor head combination, one had a continuous focus from infinity to 1:1 lifesize. If your Hektor accepts 36mm filters, there was a Bellows Lens Hood 16565 (UZEOO), which slid into the two holes in the front of the bellows and clamped onto the lens head. If your Hektor accepts 39mm filters, the code for the Bellows Lens Hood was 16567 (UZEOM). If you already had the 16567 Lens Hood but had a lens with 36mm filter thread, you could adapt the Lens Hood to fit the lens via another adapter - 16568 (UEOOK). The Bellows Lens Hood was a great tool to prevent extraneous light from hitting the front of the lens - one of the most effective lens shades made.

So - there you have it.

Have fun!

Best,

Jan

Just to clarify, some photos of the set-up:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Jan:

Thanks for the very informative response.

From what you posted, and from the photos, what I am missing is the part of the 16 570, or UOOST adapter that receives the Hektor. I seem to have the part that threads into the bellows unit itself. The part I have is the outer of the two concentric rings in the lens mounting shown in your photos, but I do not have the inner, "taller" ring, which would receive the lens. I will look for one.

Again, much appreciated!

Rafael