Leica SF 24D Manual? pdf?

RobertW

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'll continue to "experiment". That said, I'd like some opinions whether I'm on the right track or way out to lunch.

If you could provide some advice on how wrong or correct I am that would be greatly appreciated.

I think the following assertions are correct:confused: ?

• It appears the + EV adjustments works in concert with the A or M mode only?
  • You can set the camera body to "auto slow sync off which automatically sets the shutter speed to 1/250 all the shutter speed on the camera body?
  • Or "down to either 1/30 or 1/8 or 32 seconds" I think these settings can be used for TTL & A mode?
  • TTL flash mode works best with shutter speed set to 1/250, 1/30 or 1/8?
  • When using TTL adjust the lighting intensity by stopping down on the camera's aperture ring since the EV + or - doesn't work well here?
  • For "fill flash" its best to use M mode on camera and flash?

Oh I forgot, when using A mode on the flash, you need to adjust the aperture setting to match the distance to the subject and then adjust the aperture on the camera lens to match.

Also, always mount the flash and then turn on before turning on the camera so the ISO setting on the camera is communicated to the flash:eek: .

Cheers

Rob

I can send a copy of the manual to you, please check your email,

wolfgang

Oh thanks so much for sending a copy of the manual by e-mail. It must take a bit of time to arrive, as I've just checked and it hasn't arrived yet.

As you can see from my recent post, I've been stumbling around trying to understand how to get the flash working well in A or TTL or M modes.

Thank you again

Best

Rob

Dear Robert

the email is on the way to you. I hope, the instructions answer all your questions. If not, please don't hesitate to ask for further informations.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Thank you Wolfgang. I got the pdf and I'm sure its going to solve a great many mysteries and give me some additional confidence in knowing what the functionalities are in the flash.

Best,

Rob

I have found the 24D I bought with manual S/H, it was made before the M8 and the info in the M8 manual, one of the few times I have opened it, was much more help than the flash manual.

A hint from Strobist ( a must visit for flash) is to use a cheap (now discontinued so e-bay) Nikon SC17 cord to use the flash TTL off camera (the new replacement cords are slightly longer and MUCH more expensive).

• 3 months later...
Dear Wolfgang,

I know this must get annoying, but if you'd be willing to forward the sf 24d manual to me as well, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've emailed Leica but never received a response.

Regards,

Brad

Hi Brad,

If you want a pdf of the manual, you'll need to provide your e-mail address as one of the options in this forum or you can just post it here and I'll e-mail you the file. Otherwise, no one will be able to e-mail you with the pdf.

The file size is just under 10 meg:eek: , so hope your server allows you to receive e-mails of that size.

Best,

Rob

Hi Brad,

If you want a pdf of the manual, you'll need to provide your e-mail address as one of the options in this forum or you can just post it here and I'll e-mail you the file. Otherwise, no one will be able to e-mail you with the pdf.

The file size is just under 10 meg:eek: , so hope your server allows you to receive e-mails of that size.

Best,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks. Please send it to bksmith12@cableone.net AND bsmith@hp.com. One of them is bound not to choke on it :-)

Regards,

Brad

• 6 months later...

Rob--

I've just PM'd you with my email for one more of same.

You know, Jaap's solution might be simpler: You just send a single copy of the PDF to YouSendIt, then post the password they give you here. The file remains available for two weeks, I think, and anyone with the password can download it. It's a single upload for you, and avoids email file-size restrictions.

Many thanks for your courtesy.

If you plan to use the flash on the M8, the manual I got with my flash last year and the french .pdf manual above won't help at all. The word "M8" does not even appear in the manual. Does anyone know if there a newer manual that addresses the M8? I haven't checked the M8.2 instructions, but the instruction in the M8 manual are nearly unless.