RSL

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest jimmy pro
Putting good leather on made 100% of difference though.

We finally agree on something! Although for me, silk boxers is a must to keep the leather from chafing.

Concerning the TLR mentioned above I had to search on Google to figure out what that was, So I have learnt something which is good.

Another point no-one is mentioning in the rather unproductive discussion on the merits M8 vs 'another camera' is that the M8 is a design classic - like the M3 it has a unique place in history. The first Leica digital rangefinder.

Also what I find interesting in the l-camera-forum is how passionate we are about this thing, so where does the passion come from?

I guess they managed to do something right in Solms.

Speaking of TLRs, This time next month I'll have my f2.8 Rolleiflex back after lending it to friend.

A good friend of mine picked one up a couple of months ago for $250, in mint condition. It's amazing what film cameras can be purchased for these days.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Brent, that's a very, very good price for a Rolleiflex - a bit like Leicas, there are Rollei collectors - could it have been a Rolleicord? They go for a lot less.

No, it was a Rolleiflex. He bought it from someone who was cleaning out all kinds of household goods after the death of a parent. The guy just wanted to get rid of everything quickly.

No, it was a Rolleiflex. He bought it from someone who was cleaning out all kinds of household goods after the death of a parent. The guy just wanted to get rid of everything quickly.

There's one for sale on eBay right now that has a bid of only $425 with just 18 hours left.