MDa w Voigtlander 15mm, first roll??

pinetar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I cleaned up the darkroom yesterday for my daughters benefit for school as well.

Ilford Pan f 50 @ asa 25, Microdal-X. Not happy with my dev. results nor the scans based on a PC. Going back to the Mac setup-better software for the Agfa Arcus II with OS 9.

This is a P'shop invert of the neg. Is that shutter lag on the right (first pic) , or just the difference experienced from the lens?

Not all negs have that effect.

gary

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I am afraid you are right. The gearing release is not audiably consistent from 1/30th and slower. Is there anything a user can do to correct this? My investment in the body is $100 so far. Any idea on the expense of a timing repair?

gary

Hi,

Looks like a shutter curtain problem to me. And especially at a certain speed, if this is not visible on every frame.

Goto CLA.

Yes,

as a user you can send the body to the CS :-)).

The only thing you can do before, is to release the camera several times. Sometimes it helps to smoothen the shutter a little bit. But this is not reliable. Your Camera is around 30 Years old at least, so the bearings will be dry. You got it that cheap as it is not worth more without servicing and lubrication. So go and invest the "second part of the money" in a CLA in order to get a valuable camera. It is still cheap then.

Regards

Friedhelm