Sign in to follow this  
calvinboy24

How do you accessorize your M8 (or at all)?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm not proud to say I accessorised my M8 with my own photographic inability.

But in keeping with the thread, I added a Leica Grip and used it until someone gifted me a Luigi full case & strap in dark green leather with matching green softie. Now the grip sits in a drawer unused. I have a preference for Chrome lenses and actively seek them out if available, some may think it's sad, but I prefer the weight and cold solid feel, they certainly don't improve any aspect of my photography other than bring a sense of tangible quality inherent in the lens and the rest is up to me.

Mine's covered in a black Luigi halfcase with built in grip & hanging flap. I like the softie on my M8; didn't like it on my M6 though.

Best,

Norbert

Naked M8, but with a sling. Both my M6 and M8 have a sling, and I think that is a real must...

r.

...Lastly, does anyone use the Leicagoodie accessory of "Sling"?

I use the Sling, which I like, although it might not be for everyone. My two criticisms are that I would've preferred it to be all black (without the yellow stripes) to make it less obtrusive, and I would prefer it to be another six inches longer because its length makes shooting in protrait awkward unless you turn the camera 'upsidedown'. (Rik at Leicagoodies *might* be able to make these adjustments if asked.)

Apart from that though it gives a feeling of security because the M8 is always attached to you so that if dropped it hits you instead of the ground. It simplifies lens changing and removes some of the 'lens-juggling ... <thud> ... %&£!!!' element and the camera rests beside your hip as you walk ready to spring into your hand at the first photographic opporchancity.

I use it with the Leicagoodies Hook so it's easily detached but securely held.

Pete.

My M8 wears a Rally Luigi half-case, matching strap and SD case. I use a classic softie (the larger one). My MP wears a Black leather half-case, Gordy strap and classic softie. Both bodies have magnifiers with diopters. I store it all in an A+A Oskar bag.

Guest Olof

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Leica magnifier for the viewer, besides the the M8 is perfect. No need at all for Tumbs Ups, special laces etc. They are like extra spoilers on a car (dont look nice and dont have a really function)

No accessories for either of my two M8s although I did buy the Leica grip thingy. Used it for a while but preferred the look of the camera without, so have learnt to use the plain cameras just fine. Have always chosen the black lenses as they dont look so ostentatious. Never been into the 'bling' look.

Interestingly just been using my old shaped to the hand Canon 20D for some macro. I am surprised how 'blobby' and uncomfortable it feels in the hand now.

Jeff

Guest rweisz

The only indispensable accessory I found for the M8 is the warranty

The Leica half case as a protection, and an extra shutter release. Absolutely happy with it, making the camera quite more stable for a left handed user when shooting. Some mat black tape here and around, to avoid both reflections and blingbling. Thinking about a simple extra belt around my chest, to secure the camera while doing something else, which happens almost everytime.

Never been found of "tuning", always looking at my M8 as a marvellous tool, doing as it is what it has been built for, by a quite clever company for now more than one century

Favorite is the Stephen Schaub "Y Strap" Nothing like it!

Leica Magnifier

Leica Grip

Tom Abrahammsons Softie

Woody

Thumbs up Model 1- Transforms the handling back to a film M

Leica 1.25x Mag- Transforms the focussing from 50 upwards

Y Strap (just acquired) Brilliant.

Case- No ! I want to fondle the camera not the case

Nose grease on the LCD and finger marks on the windows - always

Just added a HK soft release from Flea Bay (one with Leica on -sad) I think I like it for the feel but I do find it "protects" the on-off switch from getting caught by accident and moving to that dreaded self timer position so it may stay on just for that.

I used to wear my strap over one shoulder to avoid the counter hit in shops or the child decapitation on leaning forward but of course you can't easily bring the camera to the eye. I came across the y strap web hopping and saw the answer. A shoulder strap with a running link it just works.

Y STRAP The Figital Revolution

Stephen M. Schaub the maker was great to deal with and yes I paid full price plus UK shipping which was efficient.

I'm not proud to say I accessorised my M8 with my own photographic inability. But in keeping with the thread, I added a Leica Grip and used it until someone gifted me a Luigi full case & strap in dark green leather with matching green softie. Now the grip sits in a drawer unused. I have a preference for Chrome lenses and actively seek them out if available, some may think it's sad, but I prefer the weight and cold solid feel, they certainly don't improve any aspect of my photography other than bring a sense of tangible quality inherent in the lens and the rest is up to me.

Your rig sounds beautiful indeed. Ok, since its confession time, I too, have a passion for all things silver and green! I started with a 28-cron and life was good, or so it seemed. Then along came my silver 50-lux and my fun meter spiked! Unfortunately, it dove to the ground when I saw some files from my friends Nikon. Long story short: I got over it but some damage was already done. My 28’ was off to a new home where it could run with the big dogs. Now, my lonely-hearts-club was looking for a new companion and low and behold, I ordered a new from the factory silver 35-cron. My dealer is having it coded as I type so it will arrive in a couple of weeks. Now that I saw your post, I’m soOoo tempted to order green half case although Luigi’s site isn’t what I would call user friendly by any means. In fact, I have a half-notion to just track guy down and go to directly to his shop – no really! I'm going to Italy later this month to visit my Italian sweetheart so it may just work out.

Regards,

<snip>, I ordered a new from the factory silver 35-cron. My dealer is having it coded as I type so it will arrive in a couple of weeks. <snip>

All new lenses have been coded in the factory since July 2006 (or thereabouts). Are you sure your dealer is selling you a new one?

All new lenses have been coded in the factory since July 2006 (or thereabouts). Are you sure your dealer is selling you a new one?

I thought the same thing so I guess it's been tucked away in his shop as new, and I have no reason to suspect otherwise. I purchased my M8, 28-cron and 50-lux from him and there wasn't any issues with those. ~ go figure.

Regards,

I thought that this was a photography forum. The camera is a tool to take photographs with. It does not matter what type of strap, covering or case you have. Really.

I thought that this was a photography forum. The camera is a tool to take photographs with. It does not matter what type of strap, covering or case you have. Really.

Actually, it’s more like a user’s forum that’s broken down in to loosely net categories. Occasionally, members get board on the weekend and hang out on their computers and talk about their hobby. Good, bad or indifferent, it’s all pretty harmless.

Regards,