CV 35/1,4 Nokton - Sean Reid review, Part 1

Paul Hart

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is the focus shift of this lens between 1.4 and f4, relative to the shift in Sonnar 50/1.5 type lens (ZM 50/1.5, Canons copies, etc.) at 1.5 to 2.8?

Nothing obvious at medium to long distance due to DoF i guess.

At short distance, see my comparo with a late pre-asph Summilux 35 here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/digital-forum/52812-cv-35-1-4-sc-vs.html#post552232

Thanks LCT,

In your examples, as the CV goes out of focus, the lux comes into focus.

So do you feel the CV and 35 lux are representative of most of these or have individual sample quirks?

I don't need f1.4, and my cron 35/asph focuses spot on from f2 to onwards. I don't know how I could live with these kinds of focus shifts especially with expensive film.

Nothing obvious at medium to long distance due to DoF i guess.

At short distance, see my comparo with a late pre-asph Summilux 35 here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/digital-forum/52812-cv-35-1-4-sc-vs.html#post552232

...do you feel the CV and 35 lux are representative of most of these or have individual sample quirks? I don't need f1.4, and my cron 35/asph focuses spot on from f2 to onwards...

I have no idea sorry but if you don't need f/1.4 a 35/2 would be OK of course. Cron asph or pre-asph it is another question but if you're happy with your copy i would stick to it if i were you.

I have owned and used the pre asph V4 and cron asph extensively, and prefer the lack of distortion and contrast suitable for color use in the asph version.

I have no idea sorry but if you don't need f/1.4 a 35/2 would be OK of course. Cron asph or pre-asph it is another question but if you're happy with your copy i would stick to it if i were you.

Well, I have ordered one (MC version) at CameraQuest today. It should be delivered next week to John Milich to be coded. Hopefully it will arrive in France before my holidays start!

I think for the price (especially considering the Euro/Dollar exchange rate) I'll be very pleased to try it myself this Nokton 35/1.4 (Incidentally, I miss my CV Nokton 35/1.2 though...I think I will get a new one after holidays).

Cheers