44 minutes ago, pedaes said:

Parcelforce usually 48 hours max.. If you have tracking number go on their website and 'track and trace'. You do not need to be sender.

I have always found Parcelforce helpful and I never experienced any problems tracking items.

Meanwhile here is a picture of my M2. Sorry about the German Shepheard hair near the finder.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Matlock
  • Like 3

This was their reply to me when I sent them my inquiry along with my tracking number. Anyway, it’s been one delay after another first with the seller then the shipping company so for the meantime I will just browse the forums and enjoy the photos. Too late at this point since I already missed 2 events I wanted to try the camera out with anyway. 😊 Thanks for replying to my questions though. 

Let’s get back to M2 discussion:) 

With an M2 and two lenses (35 & 90) almost every situation is covered.  As bedtime reading I have been revisiting my sixties editions of Leica Fotografie in which the vast majority of shots were taken with an M2.

Edited by hektor
  • Like 7

Finally have my M2 and my case from Luigi🙂. Pretty good condition for something so old, only part replaced was the timer according to the seller. Only on my first roll but I love it already. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, weeowee said:

Finally have my M2 and my case from Luigi🙂. Pretty good condition for something so old, only part replaced was the timer according to the seller. Only on my first roll but I love it already. 

It's going to take you at least a week to get through all that film.

• Haha 1

with my voigtlander lens🙂

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

How do you like the 40f1.2 Nokton?  I just purchased a 50f1.2 Nokton and have to say all the reviews are correct!  It is a knock your socks off lens and is making me think of selling my chrome 50 Summicron.  M2 is my favorite film Leica and I will put it up against a new MP or MA.  If you can live with 35/50/90, there is not anything else as good.

I can certainly live with 35/50/90 -- or less.  My first M-body Leica -- back in the early '70s -- was a gorgeous M4 back anodized by the late and memorable Alfredo Olivera in New Orleans. Alfredo coupled it with a 50mm Summicron (the "economical" standard glass at the time).  Within a year, though, I had sold the 50 in favor of a 35mm Summicron and 90mm Tele-Elmarit. Those two lenses held me in good stead for quite a few years until professional demands forced me to abandon film and adopt huge and heavy Canon and Nikon digital beasts. 

Well, in retirement I'm now back to silver halide with an M2 and IIIf. The M2 just got married to a period correct and pristine M-mount collapsible 50mm Summicron while the IIIF sports a thread mount 50mm Summitar (also in darned near mint condition),  But, since I do miss the old, versatile M-body 35/90 combo, I have just added a Zeiss T* 35mm Biogon ZM to my M2 kit. What a terrific lens!  Sure, I wish I still had my wide angle Summicron from days of yore but even decent "previously appreciated" ones are awfully pricey for an old pensioner nowadays. Besides, according to reviews the Zeiss glass yields Leica-equal images, so...  I think I will pursue the acquisition of a 90mm Leica lens, however. Then we'll see about the fate of the 50mm Summicron.

Oh, does anybody else get a kick out of the auction site ads that advertise "MINT!" or at least "EXC+++++" Leica lenses that have only "light haze" or "a few cleaning marks" or "a little dust"?  None of these defects "affect image quality", of course. Right? 🙂 

• Like 1

Although I am traveling the world with two digital cameras (MP240 and X100F), I have to say I really miss my M2 which I left in Texas.  Honestly, reading this thread makes me want to fly back to Texas, grab my M2 and toss some film and a 35 into my bag and leave to continue my travels.  Now, I am about half way around the world in the Philippines so not to practical.  However, Hong Kong and Tokyo are close and I may just fly over to Hong Kong and go camera hunting (M2R or black M4).

Can anyone give me directions to a good camera store in Hong Kong (much, much closer then Tokyo)..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ktmrider2 said:

Can anyone give me directions to a good camera store in Hong Kong (much, much closer then Tokyo)..

I've never been to Hong Kong, but there is a lot of coverage online of David Chan's shop at Champagne Court.

https://melbournestreetphotography.com.au/2015/03/23/hong-kong-analogue-camera-trail-david-chan-chhampagne-court/

-Thomas

• 1 month later...

Well, I am traveling again.  I am using the Philippines as a base for scuba diving and exploring other countries in SE Asia.  On my last trip, I carried an MP240 and Fuji X100F.  This time I wanted to travel lighter so just the X100F but five minutes before leaving for the airport I threw my M2 with 50 Summicron in the bag.  The M2 is my favorite film Leica and I have no self discipline.  

Several years ago I took the same combo(original X100)  on a trip to Guatemala and it worked amazingly well.  Had a chance to introduce a young woman using a 'blad to the joys of an M2.

• Like 1

Craigr:  Great minds must think alike.  When I travel with two lenses, one is the 35f2.8 C Biogon and the other is the 90f2.8 Tele Elmarit M.  If I am lazy, I just take a 50 Summicron.  My camera choice is either a M2 or MP240.  Recently, the FujiX100F has become an important part of my travel kit as it is even smaller and lighter then the M2 while being more technologically advanced then even the M10.  

Hello KTMRider,

Hmmm - I must look into the Fuji. Thanks for the endorsement. BTW, in my retirement from journalism in this crazy town (Washington, DC), I’m selling motorcycles. They’re BMWs but I really like the KTMs I’ve sampled. Great bikes!