Advertisement (gone after registration)

My favorite camera with my two favorite lenses. Add my 90mm Elmarit M and a few rolls of b&w film and who could ask for more...a great day guaranteed!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having spent 43 years with my trusty M4, and a brief dalliance with an M6, I sold off most of my Leica gear over a year ago....failing eyesight and finances. Spent the year shooting old Japanese RFs of Barnack design et al, and some micro 4/3. Just kept thinking...those lovely early M bodies. Well then I came across this M2 which had been CLA'd about a year ago...not a beauty queen by any means, but a solid clean user with a bright viewfinder at a most reasonable price. Got a couple of adapters

10 years ago I bought an M2, this one, from that auction site. It was sold as impact damaged, blacked out viewfinder and faulty rewind, parts only. It was acquired for I think about £150, so long ago all records lost in the mists of time. I knew of a UK repair man who could tackle the prism which was likely to be the big problem so off it went. A very reasonable estimate came back of  £350 so a serviced M2 for £500 under the market price for that time and it was a serial very close to another of

Best tool ever Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Recently acquired M2 - camera from 1960 with a '62 lens. Now I know what all the fuss is about

• 2 weeks later...

The base plate is a good place to keep exposure guides and so on. I feel justified in posting another photo of my M2 as a different lens is mounted.

Cheers everybody

The local Leica dealer has the demo model in of the new M (240) model. I took a card along and tested taking my M2 fitted with 35mm f2 IV Summicron TomA Softie (Rff) and M2 Rapidwinder.

Shot with the 240 using my 50mm Zeiss C Sonnar at f2 (it is coded as f1.4 50mm) straight jpeg.

Note this numbered 2 exposure on the 240 camera and I also took number 1 :-)

Why is your M2 on a chopping board? This is worrisome.

It is a display stand in the shop, as a chopping board it would not even take a loaf of bread, maybe some cheese?

I attribute the "look" more to the lens myself, but the white balance was impressive, halogen spot and fluorescent mix.

Such a lovely camera. Does anyone know why these "I love my Mx" threads aren't stickied?

It provides an incentive to post another picture and bounce the thread with one's favourite camera back up again

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

just returned from: Fotomechanik Reinhardt

well done!

OLAF

• 4 weeks later...

Almost dropped my on the street yesterday when getting out of the car. The strap got caught on my car seat and it pulled out of my hand and and it swung under the car. But luckily the strap was a blessing and a curse and the strap held tight to the seat and the camera never hit the ground. Wear straps people!

Edited by Jerren

I picked up an M2 in fair user condition had it CLA'd by Youxin Ye (he's fast and good) put my very old collapsible 50 'cron on it and took it for a spin today. Here's one of my keepers

Here's my new favorite camera

. This is the beaut which took yesterday's images and just sang to me today.

I have been taking images for the better part of 50 years- the last 10-15 exclusively digital. I forgot the joy of hearing a real shutter curtain, and the anticipation of what results await.

Wow! This old lady sings to me and the lens is magnifique. Wow!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.