Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just bought a “blind” M2, an MD. no viewfinder no rangefinder.

It is in very good condition and probably had very little use. Intended for scientific use or on a Visoflex. Trying it out now with a wide angle lens and clip-on viewfinder.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

It is in very good condition and probably had very little use. Intended for scientific use or on a Visoflex. Trying it out now with a wide angle lens and clip-on viewfinder.

Good luck to you! Very many of those lived on a microscope until the shutters went South.

The M2 is Leica's 356 Porsche Carrera, I have two M2s, on any major trip always have an M2 hidden away from the main camera kit, as back up. Dunno why Leica don't bring it back as the MA.2 For me 35.50.90 is all I need the rest is clutter. Now an MP with just 35/50/90 and my order would be in before you could say megapixie. Maybe the customisation options on the MP do you get there ??

• Like 3

The M2 is Leica's 356 Porsche Carrera, I have two M2s, on any major trip always have an M2 hidden away from the main camera kit, as back up. Dunno why Leica don't bring it back as the MA.2 For me 35.50.90 is all I need the rest is clutter. Now an MP with just 35/50/90 and my order would be in before you could say megapixie. Maybe the customisation options on the MP do you get there ??

I’d say 356A Coupe 1600 Super, but I agree completely in all other respects :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

attachicon.gif2C19A299-8C3B-4A25-B595-E1BD885D3B5A.jpeg

Camera appears to be working OK. Have finished a roll of FP4, in Moersch Tanol, 35mm 2.8 Summaron, mostly 125th at f5.6 Scanned from A4 size darkroom prints.

• Like 6

Dunno why Leica don't bring it back as the MA.2 For me 35.50.90 is all I need the rest is clutter.

I'd imagine they don't because it would sell even fewer cameras than the M-A does. In any case, the M-A is already pretty much there. It doesn't have the frame masks as found in the M6/MP/M7 but, instead, has a comparatively uncluttered view with virtually non-existent frames for 75 and 135. You essentially have complete frames for 28, 35, 50 and 90 with little corner tick marks for 75 and 135.

• Thanks 1

It may be possible to replace the MP frameline mask with an MA mask. The meter feedback would probably interfere with the lower 35mm frameline.

Yes, for sure. And the 28mm frame too.

As far as I know Leica still provide custom à la carte 30/50/90 frame masks for the MP and M7 (albeit incomplete frames to allow for the metering diodes) and independent repairers like DAG can remove unwanted framelines from an existing mask set.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needed a bump :)

My lovely M2 in the hands of my better half. She took my camera saying it looks better in her hands. :D

iPhone shot.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi all 😁 I am a new member and also new to leica. My first leica system is m2 and summaron 2.8/35. It’s just a beautiful system!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Khoa Nguyen said:

Hi all 😁 I am a new member and also new to leica. My first leica system is m2 and summaron 2.8/35. It’s just a beautiful system!

Congratulations Khoa.  Great camera, nice shot.  I bought my first of many M2 in 1970 and it is still my favourite Leica.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, hektor said:

Congratulations Khoa.  Great camera, nice shot.  I bought my first of many M2 in 1970 and it is still my favourite Leica.

Thanks Hektor for encouragement. A photo taken by this lens, from the very first roll

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Khoa Nguyen said:

The definitive classic Leica film combination. My absolute favourite!

Congratulations, Khoa. Enjoy it in good health. 

Cheers

J :)