EBAY hijacker at large ... BEWARE

jackal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pick up = during initial converstaions he states that pickup is ok but come crunch time he says he going to be too busy and is going to be out, looking through bins for a half eaten mcdonalds or at the hardware store buying some rat poison to dress his nasty bedsit with.

He also offered me to pick up the lens but he knows no one will ever come over from the UK of Holland to pick up the lens. These guys are probably Eastern European gangs. Easy and fast access to "trustworthy" Austrian banks.

perhaps we should try to build a network, and if some wants to buy something over ebay and the article is in a foreign country, the buyer could post it here and ask if someone lives near the location and could check the article, at least you could tell the seller that a friend of yours would like to take a look at the article and if the sellers gets stroppy you know what actions to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I have just been had. A guy named Gary Spear had a Nikon D2X on Ebay which I placed a bid on. I emailed him to ask a couple of questions. Next thing the camera had completely disappeared off ebay. Here is the story, please start from the bottom and work upwards, the first part is from "Gary Spear" the second from the "Sales Team" at Photogear Austria.

Dear customer,

Your package will be shipped on Monday.

You should receive it in the next 5 to 7 days.

Thank you for shopping with us,

PhotoGear Austria Sales Team.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Mick wrote:

Hi,

I have not received my goods yet as per this order. It has been confirmed that you have received the money. Can you please tell me what the delay is.

Many Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: photogearat@gmail.com [mailto:photogearat@gmail.com] On Behalf Of PhotoGear Austria Sales Team

Sent: 26 February 2008 12:46

To: xxxx@toucansurf.com

Subject: CUSTOMER CONFIRMATION OF ORDER REF 18Q3/2/2008

CUSTOMER CONFIRMATION OF ORDER

Order Number: 18Q3/2/2008

Products Ordered: Nikon D2X camera plus accesories

Order amount: £ 550

Shipping Cost: £ 16

Total to pay: £ 566

Shipping Method: European Union - Austrian Mail

Tax: 00.0

Handling: 00.0

Payment Type: Bank Transfer - international customers

Date of Order: 09/2/2008

Customer Name: Mr XXXX

The Order is being shipped to: Mr XXXX

Email address: XXXX@toucansurf.com

Address: XXXX gardens

Address (line 2): XXXX

City: XXXX

State: Kent

Zip/Postal code: CT9 XXX

Total Price: £ 566

The shipping will be made using Austrian Post.

The delivery time is 3-5 business days.

The package will be insured with the shipping company.

THE BANK TRANSFER DETAILS ARE:

NAME: Johannes Nepp

BANK: Österreichisches Post Sparkasse

IBAN: AT456000010410033327

BIC ( SWIFT ): OPSKATWW

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10410033327

BLZ ( Routing number) : 60000

ADRESS: SEITZERGASSE 1/7, 1010, WIEN, AUSTRIA

Please use the reference 18Q3/2/2008.

This is your order number and is important.

Please e-mail or fax us the payment proof (scanned copy of bank transfer or screenshot of the online banking transfer).

Hello,

Just e-mailing you to let you know that the payment was received today and the package will be shipped next week.

Thank you.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Gary Spear <garyspear69@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I will email the sales department right now to check if the payment was received and the item shipped.

Thank you.

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Mick XXX wrote:

Hi Gary,

Can you confirm if the camera has been posted yet?

Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 28 February 2008 14:04

To: Palmbay

Subject: Re: You've received a question about eBay item: Nikon D2X camera and accessories(290208495082)

Hello,

We generally sell Leica equipment.

Also we have a Canon EOS 5D in stock. It is in new condition. The only difference between it and a new one it that the original package was opened.

Price 1500 euro.

Thank you.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Palmbay <palmbay@toucansurf.com> wrote:

Hi Gary,

I might well be. Please tell me what other equipment you are offering, condition, age etc, and how much you would like.

Many Thanks

Sent: 27 February 2008 12:02

Subject: Re: You've received a question about eBay item: Nikon D2X camera and accessories(290208495082)

Hello,

It was completely removed. I have asked ebay to remove it because the buyer was no loger registered and i had to get my fees back.

By the way, would you be interested in other photographic equiment?

Thank you.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Mick XXXX wrote:

Hi,

I have seen listings as "Ended Early" but never completely removed. How did you sus him out?

Regards,

Sent: 26 February 2008 20:06

Hello,

There was a fake buyer .

This is why i don't like using Ebay. Too many timewasters.

Thank you.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Mick XXXX wrote:

Thanks Gary,

Pleasure doing business with you, what happened to the Ebay listing?

Regards,

Sent: 26 February 2008 18:52

Hello,

I have forwarded your email to the sales department.

I can assure you that the package will be packed properly.

Thank you.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Mick XXXX wrote:

Hi Gary,

I transferred the money this evening and have notified the Sales office of the details.

The exact amount in Euro's will be 738.79 at today's exchange rate, this has cost me £9.00 to do and will take approx 6 working days.

Please, please take extra care with the wrapping as the posties in my area are notorious for dropping stuff!

The reference number from HSBC is: 05102AX009 OP

Many Thanks

Sent: 25 February 2008 23:55

Hello,

Can you please contact PhotoGear Austria at sales@photogear-at.com using this code QW267ST.

I have allready talked to the sales department and you will receive an invoice after you contact them with your full address.

Thank you again.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Mick XXXX wrote:

Hi Gary,

I did not hear back from you, and yes, a bank transfer is fine, or I can send you a UK cheque?

Regards,

Mick

Sent: 23 February 2008 11:29

Hello,

Let me check that and i will get back to you.

A bank transfer is ok with you?

Thank you.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Mick XXXX wrote:

Hi Gary,

I had been following one similar to yours that went for £550. I am willing to offer the same plus postage to UK of course.

Many Thanks

Sent: 22 February 2008 21:08

To: XXXX@toucansurf.com

Hello,

You can make me an offer and we could arrange something.

Thank you.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gary,

Sorry to hear you have been ripped off by this thief. All I can suggest is that you make the maximum amount of noise. Contact your MEP, write a recorded delivery letter to eBay, the director of security at Sparkassebank. Ask your MEP to get the details of the correct department of the Austrian police (see my post earlier in this thread) and contact them both by phone and letter. Let them know the thief has posted on this thread on this forum, he might be traceable via Identity for Everyone: Domain Name Registration Made Easy. Starting from $8.95. Write to your bank by recorded again, insisting they become involved. If you don't get your money back, at least you will have the minor satisfaction of making live a tad more difficult for a number of people, who have by their lack of care, caused your loss.

Wilson

Gary,

Sorry to hear you have been ripped off by this thief. All I can suggest is that you make the maximum amount of noise. Contact your MEP, write a recorded delivery letter to eBay, the director of security at Sparkassebank. Ask your MEP to get the details of the correct department of the Austrian police (see my post earlier in this thread) and contact them both by phone and letter. Let them know the thief has posted on this thread on this forum, he might be traceable via Identity for Everyone: Domain Name Registration Made Easy. Starting from $8.95. Write to your bank by recorded again, insisting they become involved. If you don't get your money back, at least you will have the minor satisfaction of making live a tad more difficult for a number of people, who have by their lack of care, caused your loss.

Wilson

Thanks Wilson, Gary Spear is the criminal, these are his emails to me.

I have finally managed to get the contact details of the Austrian Criminal Investigation Service, Single Point Of Contact:

Bundeskriminalamt - Single Point of Contact

Sachdienliche Hinweise

per Post an: Bundesministerium für Inneres

Generaldirektion für die öffentliche Sicherheit

Bundeskriminalamt - SPOC

Josef Holaubek Platz 1

A-1090 Wien

per Telefax: +43 1 24836-85191

telefonisch: +43 1 24836-85025-85027

E-Mail bmi-ii-bk-spoc@bmi.gv.at

Strangely the Bank in question resides in the same town WIEN...

I have already forwarded details to Interpol and am now forwarding to the .BK email address above. I suggest anyone else that has fallen foul of these gangsters does the same.

Mick

There is no way I would buy anything on sleaze-bay. It’s simply too dang risky and the scams are becoming soOoo common. Now I know that many do and have no problems although I’ll stick to buying new or from trusted members and sources on like this. No, I had no idea that my post number of “500” would actually be about this subject.

Regards,:o