My Leica Day: The Out-takes

KM-25

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here are the images that I did not choose for the "Leica-Day" challenge:

"Leica-Day"---I actually like this one better than the one I chose in hindsight because of the serendipity of folks having a splendid day out on Aspen Mountain. 28mm Summicron, M8.

"Gondolas"---Again, brilliant sunshine with a person in one waving from his car backlit. 50 Summilux Asph, M8.

"Ski-Team"---The women's US Ski Team in practice on Aspen Mountain as seen through barrier fencing. This was a one shot at a time deal at F/2, 1/8000th, pre-focused. I had to hold the camera in place for over a minute each time before each racer came barreling down......tedious! 50 Summilux Asph, M8.

"Brawl"---A pair of ski nuts named "Trevor & Tarrence" give each other grief after a great run down Aspen Mountain. 28 Summicron, M8.

"Red-Dog"---The Red Brick Art Center in Aspen placed a bright red dog statue in the middle of town to get people interested in a current show. There were some great reactions to it. 50 Summilux Asph, M8.

"Audi"---My car with last light to top off the day. 28 Summicron, M8.

"Snowbox"---A neighbor's mailbox entombed in snow from a great ski season. 28 Summicron, M8.

All in all, I have to say that with all the craziness with the M8 lately, I was really close to selling it. But this day changed my mind. It is simply the only camera I can carry all day with a lens on it and another lens in my ski jacket pocket as I do 30-40 MPH on my snowboard and not have to carry a pack.

All of these are uncropped, near zero pos-production work right out of the camera. The backlit shots were especially tough with the ski poles since I had to put the camera on the ground ( Snow ) to get the pole tops high enough and could not look through the camera due to parallax error in hiding the sun.

I had a great Leica-Day!