Making the forum more useful

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So when one attacks a troll using the same childish insulting language as the troll (yes, I've seen the original poster do such a thing) who then is a troll or not a troll?

It's just a stupid camera (a very good and sometimes flawed one). Act like adults people. Don't get sucked in and commit the very same thing as you are objecting too. It doesn't give you much of a case to stand on later.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny or not ... Charles. I believe that I hold the world record of being banned from a prominent photography forum even before I was able to put up one single post on it. :D

I figured it must be someone else who connected through the same secured gateway as I do has seriously offended the webmaster and the later simply masked the whole IP segment ... all I got is a message saying "You've been blocked to accessed the site ..." blah blah, and he didn't even leave a contact email on the page.

It took me a couple of days to get used to before I remove it from my bookmark ... never been there again after five or maybe six years. LOL

when I was just angry with a corporation

Well, I guess the problem is here: if you come talk to people who are not close to you with anger of your problem, what do you expect ? A few may be sympathetic but most of them will leave or won't listen and some will answer to anger by anger.

Not a good start for a conversation.

So when one attacks a troll using the same childish insulting language as the troll (yes, I've seen the original poster do such a thing) who then is a troll or not a troll?

A troll is someone who won't change his mind and won't change the subject. So he'll go from thread to thread posting about the same thing even when this is not the subject, he will escalate quickly with those who disagree and then harass them in other threads...

Whilst continuing to post about his obsessions.

First, some people here find mockery insulting.

And he'll never post a useful information, a picture...

Nothing to do with the language he uses.