One Hour with a M8

Nick De Marco

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just look at the images ... are they representative of an M8 camera, I do know the M8 is capable of a much better imagry, but this doesn't surpass the fact that these images are not good.... and if he'se happy with these images, fine, great and super! in which case he would be quit happy with a fuji f30 as well.

so what? just leave him alone, why bash him? I don't get it, i really don't.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just look at the images ... are they representative of an M8 camera, I do know the M8 is capable of a much better imagry, but this doesn't surpass the fact that these images are not good.... and if he'se happy with these images, fine, great and super! in which case he would be quit happy with a fuji f30 as well.

This is just mean-spirited snobbery.

Whatever. Robert's right in one way. I don't claim these are great photos at all. It was the first hour with anew camera. I was just happy with how the camera performed.I have taken far better photos on far worse cameras and I hope to take far better photos on the M8

because... I did buy it today. So I am celebrating.

And thanks Wilfred for your comments and the B&W rendition. I looked at some of your work and like it very much too.

Guest Robert Belasario
This is just mean-spirited snobbery.

I do think you have the value of "mean spirited snobbery" wrong, buying an m8 to achieve, and like these images would be a much better description of "snobbery"

I am not saying the camera and photogrpaher and up against a steep learning pattern of achieving better images, they both probably will ....I'm just commenting the two shown images ....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And just to keep Robert busy, I am going to post some photos every day for the next 7 days to celebate my fist seven days of the M8. They will be experimental Robert, so your critiques are most welcome. And I would like to see some of your own work too.

Day One: Practising with different lenses (this the CV 15mm)

93613963.jpg

Guest guy_mancuso
Whatever. Robert's right in one way. I don't claim these are great photos at all. It was the first hour with anew camera. I was just happy with how the camera performed.I have taken far better photos on far worse cameras and I hope to take far better photos on the M8

because... I did buy it today. So I am celebrating.

And thanks Wilfred for your comments and the B&W rendition. I looked at some of your work and like it very much too.

I don't think anyone thought they were but just happy to see you enjoy yourself . The bottom line is photography is supposed to be fun and the M8 does make it fun with the RF style. It's a fine jewel in your hands and reason i said don't test it or you will buy it. Seriously though go out and have fun and enjoy it. You can work on getting past some of the startup issues real easy. As long as you know what to expect and how to get around them than life is grand. Frankly after 32 years the M8 has brought a lot of new joy to me as a nice tool to work with. I love this RF stuff

Guest guy_mancuso
And just to keep Robert busy, I am going to post some photos every day for the next 7 days to celebate my fist seven days of the M8. They will be experimental Robert, so your critiques are most welcome. And I would like to see some of your own work too.

93613963.jpg

As you should , go play that is how you learn

Congratulations on your M8 purchase Nick. I spent some time looking through your 1 hour test drive gallery and was impressed with your captures. You will will do great with your new M8 - based on your short gallery, it suits you.

Guest stnami

Jumped the gun there a bit ? Robert's statement was they were very ordinary photos and Nick agreed but the punters went ballistic in between....egg on face material

Like all new camera systems that one is not used to, the first couple of thousand are pretty crappy. I posted a few with the Epson/Leica lens combo on LUF( they were boring ), hadn't used a rangefinder as a general camera for a few years, my workflow had changed as well as technique. I am still not happy with the results, it was pretty dumb of me to post rubbish just because I bought a camera

Guest Robert Belasario

93613963.jpg

Good on you Nick! .... I will follow :-)

... it was pretty dumb of me to post rubbish just because I bought a camera

I don't think it's dumb at all. It's perfectly natural to want to share your excitement about a new acquisition with (hopefully) like-minded people. This isn't a gallery, it's a forum, and what I think is dumb is people jumping all over someone for posting pics to express their excitement. In a couple of years we might be lining up at the national gallery to see pics taken by that same bloke ... after he's sussed it out.

Guest stnami

Naaahh it's dumb and pointless

In a couple of years we might be lining up at the national gallery to see pics taken by that same bloke ... after he's sussed it out
...surely this a a tongue in cheek statement

Guest Robert Belasario

:-) I will post one every day too in reply to yours ...

( and before the critque, which ofcourse is welcome, it is excatly as I intended it to be)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Productivity born out of negativity! Excellent!

Nice gesture Robert, and an interesting photo too.

Thanks.

(Of course, as Imants says, there is always the possibility that it will get moved to the photo forum. :) )