Accessories for 50mm f3.5 Elmar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The lens hood with ring for f/stop adjustement was named VALOO and then 16620: I think it's not impossible to be found

I do not know the coding for a ring only, and even do not remember if such an item does exist.

The standard hood for the Elmar is the FISON/12510 or the adjustable FIKUS (for 50-90-135 mm). Personally, my Elmar is not so difficult to f/adjust.. never broke a nail...:)

Luigi:

Is this:

LEITZ SHADE VALOO FOR 50MM ELMAR ON LEICA/113881 - eBay (item 120374756178 end time Feb-16-09 14:14:38 PST)

...the nail saver?

Guy

IT IS !!! And price is , I'd say in the range of reasonable values : as I said, I think is not rare, but even not common, and anyway and old item that belongs also to the collectors' field (collecting the HOODS is a specialization which has its own passionates...:) ... their total number, including variants, is probably not so far from 100...)

You can use the VOOLA that is more simple and less weight

That is correct, but the VOOLA will only work with FISON or FIKUS lens shades. Personally, I prefer the VALOO. For the VOOLA/lens shade combination to work properly, the shade cannot be tihgtened firmly to the lens, so that rotation to adjust the f-stop is possible. By leaving the shade only semi-tightened, there is always danger of losing it.....

The VALOO can be properly tightened and once correctly positioned, can stay on the lens permanently.

If memory serves me correctly, the VALOO was originally designed for the 50mm Elmar when it was mounted on a Leitz VALOY enlarger. Very quickly it found its way into camera bags as well - it is a great accessory for the 50mm Elmar.

Best,

Jan