The beginng of the end for Leica

hassiman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pascal - do you define newcomer by post count or join date?

Well, when I see someone with a post count of 30 saying himself he's been here a few days but he will diagnose us psychologically, I call him a newcomer.

And once again, criticism is good but what is even better is to diagnose a problem, see if they are any workaround and so on.

The M8 has obviously hit the market too soon, it had some problems and it still have. Nothing new and my guess is people at Leica are aware of it.

But since day one, some people here have been of great help: they explained to get more juice from the battery, how to adjust the rangefinder yourself, how to find IR filters on the Web, built special ICC profiles to fix the magenta issue and later on to get more accurate colors. Some apparently even wrote Cornerfix.

So when I read someone had a problem with its battery and others explain this is a calibration problem and it can be solved easily by doing a full discharge/charge cycle, I'm glad to have this forum. Because on of my batteries was in that condition.

And I would like to see maybe an entry in the Wiki and that someone makes sure that Leica is aware of it so we have a better charger next time.

But sorry, I do not see how repeating for the thousand times that this is a scandal, that Leica is doomed, that other brands don't have problems when they obviously do also sometimes is gonna help. It just adds noise IMHO.

When I want people to listen, I talk quietly, explain the facts and look for a way to help. I yell when I want to blow off some steam but I've never noticed it has done something else than creating a fight.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are lucky to have their contributions and if the negative attitudes on this forum doesn't change, they just might elswhere.

Oh come on Rob - me and Guy have had our disagreements in the past, and I seriously feel we were past it.

But seriously the childish tantrums with obscenities I, for one, can do without.

Anyway - I won't quote what Guy has said here - because I know that those sorts of offensive posts have been deleted in the past, and everyone will probably be wondering what I'm talking about - but really these sorts of unnecessarily offensive posts are totally out-of-line.

Guest guy_mancuso

Sorry to the rest of the forum but I am just tired of the whining. i have heard it since Nov. of 2006 and i tried my best to help as many people as i could but i need a break from this constant hand holding that some people need from leica or others . It's old and tiring and I had enough so my pressure point has lowered. Have a great day and once again please leave me out of further comments for the third time. it does no one any good whatsoever. I made my point and expressed my opinion which i did not want to do about Canon gear. I said it was boring but no that was not enough. Go out and shoot some images people and enjoy photography and no i am not on some ego trip , i just know what the hell i am doing and have tested everything in sight with a neutral balance on product name. I know what is good and and i know what stinks. Or i would NEVER express a opinion about it if i did NOT know what I was saying. If that is not good enough for some than PLEASE put me on your ignore list because i don't want to hear from you either. I'm out of here my family needs me right now. Enjoy the day

Guest guy_mancuso
Oh come on Rob - me and Guy have had our disagreements in the past, and I seriously feel we were past it.

But seriously the childish tantrums with obscenities I, for one, can do without.

Anyway - I won't quote what Guy has said here - because I know that those sorts of offensive posts have been deleted in the past, and everyone will probably be wondering what I'm talking about - but really these sorts of unnecessarily offensive posts are totally out-of-line.

Heat of the moment . Edited and ignore please. Thanks

I asked to left out of this conversation , since you obviously don't know how to do that . You obviously know what my next comment is. if you want to wring me over the goals do it in private otherwise who the hell are you to give me your advice. Your on the biggest ego trip I have ever seen on any forum. Get lost I need your advice like I need a hole in my head. All you do is brag about your next big shoot , who cares

Sorry if that sounds harsh man but sakes alive, the holy word of KM-25( what is your real name BTW) big shot KM-25 gets a bit tiring. Works both ways bud

Don't bother i already know . You want words you know my e-mail

Calm down dear boy. Have a nice cup of tea or something.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry if that sounds harsh man but sakes alive, the holy word of KM-25( what is your real name BTW) big shot KM-25 gets a bit tiring. Works both ways bud

Don't bother i already know . You want words you know my e-mail

KM-25's real name and biog can be found my clicking through to the website in his signature.

Guest Ridder Cornelius
KM-25's real name and biog can be found my clicking through to the website in his signature.

Excellent site as well. Kodachrome was the only coloured media I ever used before turning to digital.

Guest Ridder Cornelius

P. Meheut wrote:

"I yell when I want to blow off some steam but I've never noticed it has done something else than creating a fight."

well that might have something to do with the fact that you generally refer to these people as a bunch of 13 year old adolescent spoilt little childish idiots, generally to stupid to dance for the devil ..... such remarks generally don't go down that well with most people you know.... or perhaps you don't know, just an observation thats all.

I find this kind of remark funny because Guy has contributed a lot to this forum, comparing Leica offers with other cameras, testing lenses, working on solutions to the M8 problems, compiling a wish list of the members he sent to Leica, always sharing its experience with us...

I also find always funny to see how newcomers are so self-confident, judgmental, pointing fingers and confusing whining with criticism. Especially when their contribution to the forum has been equal to 0 except the usual "I'm so great that everybody should listen to me, especially Leica even if I behave like a capricious spoiled 3 years old".

Well firstly, I am not a newcomer, this forum is no measure of who uses Leica and why. Secondly, Guy does contribute to the forum, but often it is served up on a silver platter that we have to practically choke on at times.

And as far as the "I'm so great that everybody should listen to me" comment, thanks for writing that, it is *exactly* what I am talking about.

imants - I think this thread died to be frank.

I think people here are generally grown-up enough to make their own decisions about the debates here. There's no doubt in my mind that some members of the forum can have a tendency to behave with a sense of 'ownership' simply because of their long-term relation to it, and KM-25 made some good points which don't necessarily apply only to Guy.

I think if everyone tries to maintain a general policy of not getting too personal, and also of allowing everyone to debate openly and without arbitrary restrictions, we could maybe get this forum back up to the level of the other sections on the site.

Thanks for writing this, it really is all I was on about. And I was not out to just target Guy, it's just that when addressing this kind of thing, it is best to make the point on the heels of a good example of which this was.

By the way, the title of this thread alone is one of those irritating the sky is falling types. People on here act as if what we think, do and write has an enormous impact on Leica's decisions. Well, it does not. Leica is strapped to the carving out of their future full time, despite the occasional seemingly irrational choice they make make, they do know what they are doing and we as consumers are merely along for the ride.

Sorry to the rest of the forum but I am just tired of the whining. i have heard it since Nov. of 2006 and i tried my best to help as many people as i could but i need a break from this constant hand holding that some people need from leica or others . It's old and tiring and I had enough so my pressure point has lowered. Have a great day and once again please leave me out of further comments for the third time. it does no one any good whatsoever. I made my point and expressed my opinion which i did not want to do about Canon gear. I said it was boring but no that was not enough. Go out and shoot some images people and enjoy photography and no i am not on some ego trip , i just know what the hell i am doing and have tested everything in sight with a neutral balance on product name. I know what is good and and i know what stinks. Or i would NEVER express a opinion about it if i did NOT know what I was saying. If that is not good enough for some than PLEASE put me on your ignore list because i don't want to hear from you either. I'm out of here my family needs me right now. Enjoy the day

Guy...it is photography we all engage in, not some cubicle banter about sports heros. It can and should be a positive thing. I think at times we all take things a bit too personal on here. And I think you are too good a photographer and too valuable a person to this forum to come off like you do at times.

That is all I am trying to say. OK, so we are pros who have valuable experience. But who values it? Us, our clients and a few on here who are new to the game of aligning a range finder and seeing the world continue on as they trip the shutter. But why do we have to always hear about how you are the guy who started plugging different lenses on other brands of cameras? What does that do for other people? Nada...who cares man, who cares? I am the guy who invented the flash exposure compensation button on Nikon cameras in 1996...who cares? It's in the past, it is time to move on to other things.

These opinions should not be blasted out of a canon ( no pun intended ) shaped like our mouth. And some times I catch my self tooting my horn a bit too much as well, it happens. But as pros who chime in on this forum, our opinions based on our experience are only that, they should not be accompanied with a military band, a resume that rolls open or a scroll of credits every time we speak. And I do occasionally speak of some cool new gig or by line, why not? It gives people a bit of prospective as to where I am coming from.

I can't control what others on here do, but I can make a concerted effort to not be too much to take my self. With that, I will make sure that is what I do.

Guest guy_mancuso

For the fourth time in case no one reads LEAVE me out of this conversation. can we at least respect that wish. I want nothing to do with this thread PERIOD. This thread SHOULD have been deleted 5 weeks ago. IT IS STUPID.

KM-25 please stop, your advice is not welcome at all. I am 51 years old my parents are dead and i don't need advice anymore. Bottom line

Guest guy_mancuso
Guy, then don't read the damn thing. Sometime the simplest solutions are the simplest solutions.

Sure Steve when your being based all over the freaking internet. Get a clue please. i have a reputation to protect. Just like everyone else. The issue is i can't say something is boring without a explanation and everyone else here can say what ever they please and no one questions it. People hide behind these keyboards the difference is I don't. I NEVER attack anyone unless there coming after me first. Go back and read the timeline. I DON"T ASK FOR THIS CRAP. Now leave me out of it