What was the type of bag that.............

GarethC

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well said Georg.

It's ironic, there's the elitist argument of being a professional photographer used in the same sentence to denigrate those who are accused of being elitist by using a Leica.

I'm neither a dentist nor a lawyer but I enjoy the M8 and can afford it. I fail to see why I should apologize for that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Veternarians are basically farmers assistants or failed GP's and are therefore not welcome at all. We hate veternarians ;-)

You are professional or rich or both - otherwise we will decide not to take any notice of you. Amateaurs are even worse of course.

Guest Cordell
Did you have to pay their ridiculous 15% restocking fee?

Helene

No, actually I had my sales manager buy one for me in Japan where they're made, and then had him return it on his next trip over. There was no restocking fee. I refuse to buy anything from a place that has restocking fees. I don't consider it ethical let alone intelligent to stick my thumb in a customer's eye and I won't give my business to anybody who tries it on me.

Guest Cordell
I wonder how veterinarians who do photography and use Leicas are regarded.

Somewhere I have a book on bird photography written by a guy named Webber who is (or was) a veterinarian, and a lot of his photos he said were done with a Leicaflex. Then later on as he got older he couldn't see how to focus it and switched to Canon and credited that with extending his shooting career. I don't know if he's still living or if the book is still in print.

Don't they know a little watered down bleach, some sandpaper and a scrub brush will give them the same look without paying you extra?

They might but it would have been too much work ;) but more likely they make much more money in that time.than they would have in scrubbing the poor bag.