let's see your R

martin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That's a good price! :)

To be honest I'm looking for a cheaper one, even if it has no ROM. 3Cam is enough...

Thanks for letting me know.

Lazzaros,

The ROM lens has gone off the Ffordes site, so it appears to have sold very quickly. However a late 3 cam ( 33..... s/n ) has now appeared on their site, looks very nice and the price is £219.00 .... does that sound tempting to you ?

regards Simon

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the prices are reported to be down, I am interested in a R8/9 + DMR and some longer glass.

Where can I find good information on the DMR (prices, issues, buying guide, etc…)?

I used a M8.2 a bit last motor sport weekend and really like the outcome, but would prefer a bit more reach and handling like my D3.

Am I correct, a basic DMR fitting is still very pricey, related to other digital offerings (DSLR, M9 etc, …)?

• Like 1

As the prices are reported to be down, I am interested in a R8/9 + DMR and some longer glass.

Where can I find good information on the DMR (prices, issues, buying guide, etc…)?

I used a M8.2 a bit last motor sport weekend and really like the outcome, but would prefer a bit more reach and handling like my D3.

Am I correct, a basic DMR fitting is still very pricey, related to other digital offerings (DSLR, M9 etc, …)?

You might get more responses by posting these questions on the digital forum. "Very pricey" is all relative I suppose. Considering the results some might consider the DMR a bargain. I bought a backup R8+DMR about a year ago for US$3000 (the R8 was thought to be dead but its problem was repaired easily).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(almost) bagged & ready to go out (C-lux 2) . . .

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...

I just set these out onna sunny table to show SL waking up early this AM for loading & lens selection, protectively attended by V-Lux 1 - via already wide awake C-Lux 1 - very happy to be in this august group! ;)

• Like 1

Anyone have any opinion on the R7 vs R8. I've recently invested in some Leice-R glass to use on my Canon (mostly for video), but also want to shoot some rolls with them.

While some would argue the R8 is the logical choice, I seem to be very attached to the nostalgic cosmetics of the R7. Ah, decisions decisions...

Guest suilvenman

While some would argue the R8 is the logical choice, I seem to be very attached to the nostalgic cosmetics of the R7. Ah, decisions decisions...

What about a Nadia, Eddie? You won't need to decide about anything (at least photographically) ever again.

Ken.

Anyone have any opinion on the R7 vs R8.

If I had only the 5D, my choice would be either the mechanical R6.2 or, if you want electronic, the R8 (which is easier to find here than the R9, and substantially cheaper, too).

I've been using Leica glass on a Canon 5D for over a year now, and recently bought a Leica R-E as a companion. Got it because it was cheap and had all the features I needed and no more (it's a simplified version of the R5).

But also because I already have a Leica M6TTL -- otherwise I'd have gone for a Leica R6.2 (which is also mechanical and requires batteries only for the meter - good as a carry-along companion with the 5D cos you can keep shooting without batteries). Recently I carried only the R-E to an event and the batteries died, so I was left with just a shutter speed of 1/100 or Bulb mode... the R7 would have been similar.

So in my opinion if you're going to go for an electronic R camera might as well go for the R8 -- electronics are more sophisticated, better viewfinder, better metering, nicer to hold than the R3-7 series, plus there's the option of one day getting a DMR back for it. And it's not that much larger than the 5D, really (taller, maybe).

Edited by Ruhayat
added info

• 2 months later...

Newly acquired R3 MOT in good user condition. It was too good a bargain to pass up. My 6th Leica. Somewhere, I still have the original sales brochure for the R3.

• Like 2

1019636697_Nk4kU-L.jpg

Not mine but just a beautiful camera.One of thr nicest veiw finders Iv ever looked through.

You know, it's a very dangerous thing, to write something like that?

So far, I don't have any R-glass, although tempted a few times and passed one or the other great deal as well.

I'm new to this forum this year. I still shoot mostly with film. I hope it will be possible even a fem more years.

Having browsed through the forum I came across this amazing thread, as I now have had the great pleasure to read.

After this great historic journey back in the really good old SLR days, I wonder myself if the digital DSLR / EVIL camera built for the same image quality, will ever be as little energy-intensive, compact, lightweight and easy to use, as these masterpieces?

Which camera manufacturer should be able to create such a product?

I can not stand the thought of carrying around one of these large and heavy "digital containers" from either Nikon or Canon.

Forgive me, for at all to mention the word ”digital” in this venerable classic thread.

;)

• Like 1