let's see your R

martin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My R4 was to costly to repair so I finaly got a very nice R-E, about to shoot first film with it:-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some, too. The SL and the R5 are inherited from my late father, the R8 replaced a M7.

yours sincerely

Thomas

• Like 5

Here is my beloved R8 (bought new 10 years ago) to which is attached the APO/ASPH 90mm Summicron I bought last December. What an awesome image-capturing lens this is! I thought my 100mm APO and my 80mm Summilux R-lenses were fantastic; then I exposed a roll of Acros 100 with the new 90 and--wow!-- what incredible life-like sharpness! I started out in the mid 90s with a used R4 but shortly thereafter switched to a new R7. Disliking the film loading in both and the less than convenient access to the controls on the top of both cameras, when the R8 came out I rushed to a local store and bought it immediately.

• Like 2

Love my R8 with 24mm, 28mm, 35-70mm, 90mm, 180mm, 80-200,, 35-70mm, 50mm and 400mm.

• Like 2

again R7

• Like 3

And here is my R8 joined my R4 this year. The picture ist taken with my new C-Lux 2 :D

• Like 2

Ready for another day. R4 again ;)

• Like 2

Just a great combo !!

• Like 3

Martin, what have you done with me...????

All started 4 months ago, with my reading of an article from martin and his decision to by a R7 for those pics you can´t do with an M-body....

A few weeks ago I started my own thread abot some questions depending the RE, because i got a very interesting offer for that body together with some lenses....

I bought the RE with the lens package and shot some youngtimer car races and a wedding...

On that wedding i met a friend who owned a R6.2 in black in a very good condition and a R7 in silver also like new...he offered me both cams - and the price was outstanding cheap...

As an M photografer for the last 15 years, I ended selling the RE, having now, a R6.2 in black chrome, a R7 in silver chrome, a Drive R with grip, winder R with grip, 2.Version Elmarit 180mm, Elmarit 90mm, Cron 80mm, Makro 60mm, Cron 50mm, Cron 35mm, Elmarit 28mm, Elmarit 24mm, Elmarit 19mm and two zoom lenses....

If you want to spare money and gear, don´t look to the classic R cameras - I love these small analog SLR´s, and especially the all mechanical 6.2 - together with a classic M-Body and some Lenses you have a perfect package for all situations - and so much fun using these cameras....

And at the end martin was right with his tipp th choose the last generation of the classic R bodies - the illumination of the aperture scale and the bright viewfinder are strong arguments for this R-generation.

I am not such a big fan of the modern ones, as they are very huge.

A R7 or R6.2 together with a wide angle or a standard lens is not so much biger than an M body.

I love the 80mm cron, one of my favourite lenses in the R system, I love the 19mm, the 180mm (also great for portrait shooting...)and the old 28mm Elmarit - what a contrasty little lens!!!!

At the end......thank you martin for yor R articles!!!!!!

Ekki

PS: sorry for the rough pics - I had not much time today....

• Like 2

so my marketing strategie works :rolleyes:

now I can hire at leica :D

But unfortunately my bankaccount is very emty because of buying some lenses too,

so I can't write a letter.

Do you think they'll accept an email?

and mine, though I prefer the right one :)

• Like 3

@ martin,

yes your strategy works, indeed.....

The lens theme is something I know very well.....but if you think about the prices a few years ago, than we have today paradise on earth....

And that is one of the reasons why I am fascinated about this system, because it has an exceptional quality at a very low used price at the moment.

2 years ago it was nearly unpossible to get such outstanding lenses like the 80mm Cron, the 19mm Elmarit, the 35mm Cron, the APO 100mm...for such a low level price than today.

The more common lenses are even a bargain!!

So the decision to keep Leica also in the analogue SLR segment was never as easy as today....

But at the end of the day, you realize that also cheap (in the Leica world) lenses cost money....so I know the problem very well...

At the beginning I wanted a Zoom and a Macro and a real Tele-Lens to make things you could´nt do with the M - and I endes up with a huge collection...and if I would see tomorrow something interesting........

To come to your point - they will accept an e-mail, but I think they are not so interested in the used market at the moment;-))))

After the photokina we will know if we had luck and the classic R-Lenses will also work on a modern digital cam, or if we collect and use old classic stuff - but for me it dosn´t matter, because the quality of the system with film and a good scanner is outstanding....

so bebeth my beloved M-system, I found a reflex system with nearly as small bodies as the M cameras, with nearly equal quality and some exotic focal length, which will ever be a dream in the classic M photography (without a Visoflex...).

My next dream will be a DMR for under 1200,- after the photokina - maybe I would love the R8/9 then;-)))))

But the worst case will be if the classic R-Lenses are not compatible to the new body and than there will be a run towards used DMR Systems....

We will see - till september I wish every M or R user some very exciting shooting-days

yours Ekki

@tompa

yes, you are right, the M cameras are something for the soul of a photographer, but there are things, where the SLR-system has stronger arguments.

Such as real tele and macro and also fast moving sujets....

But it never will substetute my M collection....

Now R´s and M´s are sitting next to each other on the shelf, waiting for good light and some rolls of film - ans my time;-))))

But it is a great feeling to change bodies from R to M and v.v. and the concept of handling is pretty much the same, the lens-charakter is also very often the same direction....

Yours

Ekki

This is the lttle lady that make the pictures of my R's.

So I make a picture with my R8 and Summicron 50 of her.

:D :D :D