let me join in

Artichoke

Advertisement (gone after registration)

here is one from my early days with the M8 that I reworked to contribute to this new section

[ATTACH]74063[/ATTACH]

still producing lots of stuff in Houston, though I think we may rest easier not knowing what the stuff is

a larger version of this along with shooting information & a link to a color version (pre-ir/cut filter) can be found here -------> Houston environs Photo Gallery by Artichoke Vinagrette at pbase.com

hope you like

Arthur ,

that really looks like a mess, hard to believe that they produce anything (but I have to admit that I am very unfamiliar with petrol industry). But anyway, a very good picture in my opinion. Also the colour versions on your web site are impressing. The buldings on that really look old, compare to the B&W.

Regards,

Andreas

Arthur -

Terrific for its clarity, tonal range and contrast. If they were to see your work I suspect you'd get the gig for their next annual report.

shortly after I took this from the window of my still car, a Constable's car made its way towards me and I took off ...from past experience at such facilities, I know that photographers are not welcome ...security at these plants has increased since 911, though I fail to see how taking photographs make much of a difference

most of the roads around these plants are company property, or at least that is what I was told by some security guards who stopped me on an earlier visit to another plant

you can drive along this highway for 20 minutes going 65 mph & be surrounded by such facilities ...I never cease to be amazed at their complexity & terrible beauty

I agree with you, Andreas: the color versions show the grittiness much better ...BW photography can be flattering not only for portraiture

thanks all for taking the time to comment

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Super photo. Sort of reminds me of Chernobyl (sp?). Does not your written constitution give you some kind of licence to photograph whatever you chose, as long as you intend no harm to others?

these plants are set off from the public roads

the view from public roads is by & large limited & I was on a company road

call me a wuss, but when I am confronted by a local Constable packing a Taser, Mace & a 45 ACP Colt, I do not argue the finer points of Constitutional rights