Faith And Confidence

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can hardly believe all the uproar over this or how much that wasn't intended is being read into it by some people here. I don't intend to write any more about it because if the point still isn't understood, it never will be.

Brent, in the spirit of your original post, I am glad your M8 has inspired so much confidence, and in no way was I trying to offend you personally. I, like you, have had almost zero problems with mine, and take it on professional shoots regularly. Here's to a lot more pictures, problem free!

James

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that was a tongue-in-cheek remark … If the chances for a single M8 to fail under certain conditions are p, then the chances that two similar cameras would both fail are p x p. If you believe you face a risk of 1.0 percent that your primary M8 might fail, just bring along your backup M8 to reduce the risk of being without a working camera to 0.01 percent (or 0.0001 percent with a third camera and so on).

Hmmm - horrible misquotation :(

I said the chance for ONE of them to break would be twice as high which is true. The only intentional offence in my reasoning was to disregard the fact that most likely the other one would still work. Unless you were struck by lightning or whatever & then you might have other concerns.

Anyway it is good to see that some of you take my comments seriously :D

Professional - backup yes.

Amateur - backup no - buy something cheap on the spot if you have to & prove you can still take decent pictures with a 'disposable' camera.

I can hardly believe all the uproar over this or how much that wasn't intended is being read into it by some people here. I don't intend to write any more about it because if the point still isn't understood, it never will be.

So you started a thread with good intentions and got pounced on ... don't worry about it, it happens (been there, done that).

I think the reaction you got does have a viable explanation though. It's somewhat akin to the reaction you'd get from the mothers at a children's party if you walked in and said: "Hi kids! I play in traffic all the time! It's fun!"

Reaction: "Eeeek! Don't listen to the crazy man!" :eek:

Some of the older experienced guys simply don't want the less experienced, more influenceable among us to get the wrong idea. Sometimes that protective instinct gets expressed a bit harshly.

That might not account for all of the reactions, but I'm pretty sure it does account for some.